Chapter 8 - "New Light?"

AVALYNN'S POV

          After I sign my remaining paperwork, I look up to Nicole who's playing with the office chair and singing "Merry go Round".

"Bored?" I ask as I cleaning up my desk. I stand up and pour a glass of champagne.

          "Kind of. I've lost count of how many times I yawned." She says as I look at the time before sipping my drink.

          "It's 1P.M.. Let's have lunch. Where shall we go?" I ask,

          she shrugs.

          It's my fault for asking her. "All Right. It's a surprise then." A surprise for me as well for I don't have an idea what to eat myself.

          "AVA!!! Let's have lunch together." A figure suddenly barges into my office like she owns the place. It gives Nicole a shock as well. "Oh .... the Mrs is here."

          Nicole's demeanour changes when she meets Fiona.

          "Hi, we've never met. I guess. I'm Fiona, one of Ava's talented and hot models." She offers her hand.

          "Nicole. Her wife."

          Whoa! She actually said the W word, that's new.

          "Anyway, shall we have lunch together?" She's still asking me that after knowing Nicole is with me?

          "I was hoping to have a romantic lunch with my wife. Yesterday was her birthday, and we haven't celebrated it yet. If you please excuse us, we have an island to explore." I grab Nicole's hand and drag her out of the room.

          "Who's Fiona?" She asks when we manage to get away from her.

          "She's just someone who works for me." That's not a lie though. She does work for me, and she ... developed such unnecessary feelings towards her boss. That's it.

          "You seemed pretty close to her when she called you Ava. She even sent a photo of herself on the bed half naked last night, right?"

          Wait, how did she know about that? Did she ... "You went through my phone without permission?" I ask.

          She doesn't respond to my question at all.

          "I don't mind you went through my stuff, but please, ask for my permission next time." I sigh mentally. There's no need for me to lecture her about privacy anymore, we're married after all.

          I lead her out of the building, and we both agree to walk towards our lunch venue. Once we arrive, I am surprised to see some familiar faces having their lunch as well. I smile and introduce my wife to them before we are led to our seat.

          "Is this place okay? Or do you wish for something fancier?"

          She shakes her head. "This is quite lovely. I love it."

          My eyes land on a couple not far from us who's sharing a plate of cake. I am not particularly liking the couple who's feeding each other the cake, but the cake itself looks delicious.

          "Nicole, do you bake?" I suddenly ask.

          "Bake? Hell no. I'm not into drugs." She replies.

          Wait, drugs? She misunderstood my question. "What I meant by bake is cake, cookies, muffins and cupcakes. Not drugs."

          She blushes. "Oh!" She laughs. "Hmmm. Bake Huh .... I did tried once for Christopher ... it was okay... I guess."