Chapter 11 - Tolerance

NICOLE'S POV

          It's 3 A.M.,  And I am wide awake. How can I sleep with this woman beside me? I try to toss and turn on this unbelievably soft bed, but still, my eyes decide to stay awake. When I feel the bed move, I immediately notice that Ava turned her front to face me.

My heart starts to pound like crazy when her hot breath hits my shoulder. Jesus Christ, she's going to be the death of me! With her wearing such sexy attire, how can I sleep like nothing's going on! If I knew this was how I would react, I would never have agreed on sleeping in the same bed.

Come on eyes, sleep! I need to be at the university the first thing in the morning. This is not the time to fantasize about how soft her skin is. But seriously though, would she wake up if I brush our skin against each other? Hold on, what am I saying right now?! I am completely losing my mind.

          Not long after, I hear her phone start to ring. Ava seems like she's dead asleep, too, and that ringing starts to annoy me to the core. I decide to reach for her phone and look at the caller ID.

Veronica?

          I accept the call and talk to Veronica. "Veronica?"

          "Nicole? Good. It's you. Open the door please. I'm outside your house."

          She's outside the house, at this hour? She hangs up before I put on my silky night robe and go to the front door. I wonder why the maids didn't open the door for her.

          When I open the door, there she is looking like she had too many  drinks. She is about to fall when I manage to catch her body.

Immediately, the smell of alcohol invades my nose. "

          Seems like you had a little too much."

          She laughs while I lead her to the living room couch. I never knew she was this heavy! Veronica slumps on the couch while covering her eyes with her arm.

          "What's wrong? Love problem?" I ask when I sit next to her.

          "You can say that. We broke up." She abruptly leans into me and looks at my face with a confused look on her face. "How do you manage to live with my strict, stick in the butt sister? She's rude you know."

          I lean back while covering my nose. Damn that breath! I never liked alcohol before, and this smells like something died in her mouth.

          "Never mind. Don't answer that. She probably lured you with gifts and sweet words. I mean, her last relationship was based only on that. Her being the next head of the family, people tend to be ..... "  She doesn't get to finish her words when she passes out on top of me.

          "What is she doing here?" I hear Ava's voice behind the couch.

          "She's drunk." I try to push her to the side, but somehow, she's getting heavier. "Ava, please help me."

          She chuckles before she easily moves her sister's body from me.

          I stand up as she tucks her sister to sleep on the couch. "Get the blanket for her from the laundry room."

          I do as told before I go to the living room again and  see her caressing her sister's hair. That's kind of, weird for me to see because, well, I never seen her out of character before.

          "When She was a little girl, she always came to my room to sleep because our parents didn't come home much." Ava places the blanket on her body. "She was a cry baby." We Both chuckle. "Now that she's an adult, she's still a cry baby." Ava wipes the tears from her cheek. "What happened?" She asks.