Chapter 10 - "My Nicole."

AVALYNN'S POV

          "Are you ready?" I ask again when I look at my watch. Almost an hour has passed, and I'm still waiting for Nicole to be ready. What is taking her so long to choose her attire?

          "Almost!" She shouts over the door.

          "You know, 'you said almost' an hour ago!"

          She finally walks out of the closet looking .... Wow.

          "I found this buried under your other clothes. This is such a beautiful dress, Ava. Why don't you wear it often?" She asks.

          "I was seen in that dress twice." I reply.

          She gives me this look that shows how ridiculous my reasons are.

          "Come on. It's almost time to go." I stand up from the bed and offer my arm for her to hold. "I like your jumpsuit today. Simple yet elegant and our colours match as well!"

          She seems excited. "Thank you for having the time to be my date for this reunion. I was planning to go with Mary, but she got a date." She sighs.

          Hold on, Mary got a date?!

          "It's fine. It turns out I'm free tonight as well."

          We get into the car and like always, she has this awestruck expression on her face.

          "Seriously, just how many cars do you have?" She asks when I start to drive towards our destination.

          "A few?" I try to think while focusing my eyes on the road.

          "How many?"

          She's still asking that question? "In our house, we have five cars; two super bikes and a helicopter. I have this hobby that I inherited from my mother who loves to collect cars as well."

          "What about your father?" She asks.

          "He ... likes to collect dresses and dress up my mom and Veronica like a human sized barbie doll." I sigh heavily. My dad really needs a new hobby. "He tried to dress me up one time, but I punched his face instead."

          Nicole chuckles upon hearing that. She may be laughing now, but the horror of when he's into his work too much is a situation I really hate to be in.

          The rest of the drive is in complete silence except for the music she puts on the stereo.

          This is the first time I've gone to a reunion that's held inside the school's gym. To be honest, I think it's a budget reunion. It feels like a prom rather than ... but, oh well, a reunion is a reunion after all.

          "Wait, where's the valet?" I ask when I can't find anyone.

          "What valet? Giving your car to a complete stranger in this part of town? You must be joking."

          Then, where am I suppose to park? I face her with a troubled look.

          "Don't tell me you've never parked your own car before? That's just impossible. Anyway, let's park over there, next to the Nissan."

          I do as told. When I finally pull the handbrake, we both get out and take each other's arm. "It's weird to have a reunion here. Plus, you haven't been out from high school that long as well."

          She shrugs. "I received the invitation from Mary. She said that the whole  class year wanted to make an early reunion."

          Mary was the one who told her?