Chapter 22 "Newly weds, again!"

NICOLE'S POV

          "Do you take Nicole to be your lawfully wedded wife, to have and to hold, in sickness and in health, in good times and woes, for richer or poorer, keeping yourself solely unto her for as long as you both shall live?" Asks the minister.

          Rina turns to me. "I do."

          My heart skips a beat.

          "Do you take Katharina to be your lawfully wedded wife, to have and to hold, in sickness and in health, in good times and woes, for richer or poorer, keeping yourself solely unto her for as long as you both shall live?" He asks when he turns to me.

          My hands are shaking,, and I am nervous. But I try to find my strength to give him my answer. "I do." I manage to say. It is low, but he hears me.

          "If there is anyone present who may show just and lawful cause why this couple may not be legally wed, let him or her speak now or forever hold his or her peace."

          Ava immediately stands up from her seat and glares at every single guest who's watching us wed. She is crossing her hands while glaring at my side of the family in particular. When no one objects probably because of Ava's intense stare, Grace gives Katharina our .... crowns.

          "By the authority invested in me by the State of Maestropolitan, I now pronounce you wife and wife, and what God hath joined together, let no man nor woman put asunder."

          Katharina smiles as she removes the veil and winks before placing the crown on top of my head. It is weird since I've never come across anyone getting married using a crown before.

          "You may kiss the bride."

          Katharina doesn't wait as she leans in to me and  kisses my lips passionately in front of my family, Ava's family and even her step mothers and siblings.

          When Rina pulls away, she is smiling widely while winking at me. "Thank you for walking down the aisle with me." She says before we both face our family and walk down the aisle again towards a limousine that's waiting for us outside.

          Ava waves at us when I look back at her. "FUCK HER GOOD, NICOLE!" She shouts making me blush and Rina laugh.

          When the car starts to move, I lean back into my seat and close my eyes as I'm trying to get everything straight.

          "You know what Ava just did there?" I ask.

          "I do. She's going to be blamed for what happened today. I know about your family and your grandparents' beliefs. Your mother told me." She says.

          I look out the windows, and I feel like the road seems familiar somehow.

          "Where are we going?" I ask before turning to face her. I guess she decided to stay silent because she just places her finger on my lips.

          "You'll know soon enough." I don't know why, but she seems to be quite charming somehow.

          "I have a question though."

          She removes her finger from my lips. She motions for me to continue.

          "Does your side of the family accept me? I mean I've never even met them."

          "Don't worry about them. My real parents died, so those people who came as my family are just people who use my money as they please. They came because they just wanted to see the wedding since I invited them half-heartedly." She shrugs.