♥o3♡

"So, who are you sending a Carnation Gram to this year, [Name]?" Your childhood friend Avery shoved you playfully.

You pouted, returning the shove."To the same person since Elementary: Nobody, the love of my life."

"Aww~! But that secret admirer of yours has been empty-handed since Elementary!" Avery laughs heartily and punches your arm with that annoying grin on her face.

Ever since Elementary School up until your last year of Middle School, you'd get teased by Avery because of all the mysterious carnations grams you received when your school participated in the Valentine's Day Carnation Grams to raise money.Teachers and staff would set up tables during break/recess time and lunch so you can spend $1 for a carnation that would be sent to a special someone. It'd be wrapped with a thin ribbon along with a small note attached, either being anonymous or adding in the sender's name.

What made this item even 'special' is that the color of the carnation would also let the receiver know what feelings the sender is telling:

Red=Love

Pink=Crush

White=Friendship.

The color of your carnations, however, had changed throughout the years. From 1st-3rd grade the carnations you received were white; then from 4th-7th grade the carnations changed to pink, and this year you were one day away from finding out the next color.

Plus, they were all anonymous.

"They're just one dollar," Avery scoffed before throwing a piece of gum into her mouth, smacking her lips as she chewwed. "It won't hurt, you jerk."

"Why are you so obsessed with me sending a carnation gram?" The tone in your voice brought a grimace to Avery freckled face. She usually ignored this holiday as you would, but ever since the carnations turned pink, Avery's behavior suddenly became... indifferent.

"Two reasons," she began by raising two fingers that formed a peace sign, while you eagerly leaned in and pretended to be interested as Avery side-glanced you with a smirk on her thin lips. Those signature freckles exposed when the apples of her cheeks plumped in a smile.

"One," she said through the gum chewing. "You'd be cooperating by helping the school raise money."

You let out a sarcastic laugh. "Whatever! This school is wealthy enough-

"Two," Avery interrupts, though she kept quiet for a few seconds before leaning in closer to you in secrecy, winking as her finger floats over her lips. "I know who he is."

***

[[A/N: Your contacts are off while in your room, therefore you have your natural eye color.]]

Your half-lidded [E/C] eyes blinked in exhaustion. Nighttime always triggered most of your thinking, especially those types of memories that latched on like leeches. It was also a time for you to privately flush out unwanted emotions since the pillow you rested on absorbed many salty tears, and angry punches of regret.

Many times you also tried methods to fall asleep easier to distract you from over-thinking, like listening to music or reading books. There was no one you could call to empty and share your feelings with--except Lilah, but she would be clueless to it all. Of course, you thought of Avery countless times ever since leaving after graduation night, but due to jealousy she was no longer in your speed dial list...

***

"What do you mean 'you know who he is'?" you mildly scowl. Avery's sly smile wiped off and pulled away from you; turning her head away, avoiding eye contact before explaining.