♥o6♡

That next morning felt like a hangover: emotionally sick. You were practically dehydrated after the many tears you shed last night that two water bottles had to be kept on your nightstand.

As you sat lonesome, curled up at the end of your bed, your mind felt like the busy streets of New York; countless number of rushed questions bumping as they walked past each other to get to their destination, either crisscrossing or walking in unison—there was no order.

How did this all happen? After many years, why is this happening all of a sudden? Is it just coincidence that Itachi is here in the same state as you...and with Avery, married?

Most importantly, when did Itachi spark a hint of love towards Avery?

Last time you remembered, Itachi and Avery couldn't even stand being in the same room together. Even if they'd just walk by each other, he'd dart a cold glare at Avery while she tampered him with a playful wink. She was very difficult to read after drifting away from your friendship that her behavior became so mix-matched. You had no idea, rather, why she stopped becoming your friend.

Avery was the type of friend who always stood up for you if anyone dared to hurt you. Of course, you weren't weak; you could take care of yourself just fine, but Avery had that 'big sister' impulse to raise her fists at anyone who treated you unfairly or even looked at you funny.

She'd share her food with you when you didn't have the money to buy lunch at school. If you called her crying no matter what the circumstance, no matter the weather and no matter what time the clock marked, Avery would ride her bike five miles to your house and bring you to her home to sleep—for weeks even—away from all the misery.

She was a sister to you. Everything Avery had—happy loving parents, respectful siblings and wealth—it was yours. Avery shared every bit of her life with you and you returned the favor, showing your appreciation by staying at her side; not because of the materialistic needs, but because she provided the love and care you sometimes lacked at home.

Avery Camden had a heart of gold.

Although you decided to leave, it was Avery who helped on buying that plane ticket back in 7th grade; she gifted you all her allowance money she saved up. You two were young and immature, yet she supported your decision on wanting to leave home after graduating high-school. Your mind was set to live away from home as a college student and strove on working hard to earn a high GPA. Avery even thought about joining you...

That is when Itachi came in.

After finding out it was Itachi sending all those secret carnation grams in ways to win you, Avery watched from the sidelines as you and Itachi became close friends, until that friendship escalated to something romantic. It's not that you had completely forgotten about Avery; rather she had isolated from you on her own accord. You were easily distracted and your grades weren't balancing to your expectations.

Avery pointed heavy fingers at Itachi in blame for it all while you defended him, causing Avery to completely be taken aback. After your response, she shut down, feeling that her existence was no longer needed by you. Out of pure jealousy, she turned into someone unknown and only became a nuisance to you by becoming a bully. She was especially nasty towards Itachi, but he's always been a pacifist to firmly ignore her while you had every bit of anger loaded into your fists, wanting to cause a riot against her.

With Itachi there in help of controlling your temper, you had no choice but clench your teeth and watch Avery laugh in your face as she walked away unharmed with her new group of corrupt friends.

Questions swarmed all over you: was leaving home a way for Avery to get what she wanted? Is there a past between Avery and Itachi that you missed despite being so young?