♥12♡

{Itachi's 3rd P.O.V}

Page after page, Itachi thumbed through his appointments and organized them based on the time and date they were set. It was a slow day at work, despite being a Friday, and all he could do is glance at the clock every few minutes just like he would in high-school, waiting for that bell to ring, anxious to see her beaming face again.

The outside noise, swarmed with chattering people, running cars and construction workers drilling the streets, pulled Itachi out of his reminisce. He turned to the calendar  on the tan painted wall, frowning to count the fourth day that was marked off with a red marker. It's been four days since [N! Name] serviced his home, and, instead, temporarily serviced by one of her colleagues who informed she was away for personal reasons.

Did he miss her? Well, according to that smile now spreading his lips at the memory of kissing her, yes. But he also worried and hoped she wasn't found out about getting intoxicated while working, although it was his fault...

The memory of her frisky approach caused him to chuckle; he didn't expect her to lose control so quickly, yet oddly enough Itachi found it amusing. He couldn't get over her and how natural it felt when they kissed, as if she was the first to make him feel something again.

In the past he hadn't completely shut down after [Name] left. Out of plain sorrow, Itachi did open up to 'romance' again and quickly earned girls' attention left and right—some from school, work or blind dates.

As a typical college student, Itachi abused alcohol, attended many college parties, met girls and messed around: kissing (but he was never the one to instigate) and slept around but only to release frustration. Never did he share the same lustful desire or love as they only wanted to desperately kiss the lips of a handsome man to proudly call a 'boyfriend'. At some point Itachi grew tired; every relationship felt like rebounds, so he'd end up being the heartbreaker—always breaking up first. The unbearable guilt of using and playing with a girl's heart just to cope with his loss would only make him feel worse.

So... he settled down, cleaned up and set himself two goals.

As usual, he'd do his best to keep up with his father's expectations and moved on by frying his brain with books glued to his face, studying nonstop for years until finally earning his MD degree.

One: focus and successfully graduate from college. Check.

After that, Itachi strived to reach his second goal, which ended up with him being leashed by Avery, his only (reliable) choice at the time...

Two: Find [Name].

SMASH!

The mug on his desk was flung and shattered against the wall.

Itachi gripped tight on the polished surface of his desk, scowling as he fumed to those memories, but lifted his head quickly when three gentle knocks on his door startled him, reminding him to controlling himself.

"Dr. Uchiha?" Ella, his dental assistant, stood at his doorway; a concerned look widened her brown eyes when she noticed the shattered pieces on the floor. "I-is everything alright?"

Realizing the commotion he caused, Itachi cleared his throat and pretended to fix his tie. "I'm fine," he huffed out as he made his way towards the mess he caused. "Sorry about the noise. I'll clean this up."

She furrowed her brows at the sternness in her boss' expression, but nodded anyway before clicking the door shut, not wanting to bother any further.

After picking up his mess and throwing away the mug that was given to him as a welcoming gift, Itachi rubbed the irritation out of his forehead.

What is wrong with me?' He lectured himself in a grunt, glancing at the clock once more. In fifteen minutes was his next appointment, so Itachi took many deep breaths, trying to compose himself before hurting a child's mouth with an unsteady hand. He aimed his pace towards his door in need of water to calm his boiling blood—until the speaker on his phone clicked on.