♥13♡

"VOILA!"

A very chirpy Lilah, who was still hobo-ish in her pajamas, jumped in the living room where Itachi stood waiting. Her arms spread out, pointing at the hallway as if she was about to present the eighth wonder of the world.

"She is READY~!"

"I refuse to come out," you muttered, slightly embarrassed.

"[N! Name], get your butt out here!"

"...I'm not even ready yet," you complained from the other side of the wall, but walked out anyway, still trying to adjust the beanie over your [N! H/C] hair and struggled to wrap a scarf around your neck. Itachi's brows jumped, a smile curving his lips at the sight of you dressed differently than the usual work clothes.

"Ain't she pretty~?" You grumbled nonsense when Lilah pinched your cheek, proud of what she 'created' with your (her) outfit of choice. [[A/N: Picture on media is an idea of your outfit.]] What embarrassed you is the fact that you allowed Lilah to convince you on wearing leggings—her leggings, not yours.

"Beautiful," Itachi commented, dawning on how the dark outline showed off the curves of your legs. A hint of pink dusted your cheeks as you mumble a 'thank you' with a small smile. Why did this feel like a date?

"Are we ready?" You nodded, slinging on your shoulder bag, packed with phone, wallet and keys. Itachi motioned over to the door and opened it for you to exit first, unknowingly lowering his gaze as you walked out into the cold.

"Alright you two get going, and take care of my roommate, Uchiha!" She playfully glared, pointing a finger at him and he chuckles a 'yes, ma'am' to the protective roommate.

 "Mhm, I see you checking her out..." When you look over your shoulder to the sound of Lilah's faint murmurs, you were left utterly confused after watching her snickering mischievously, slowly shutting the apartment door.

"Hm...weirdo."

One thing Lilah was right about: men do have a weakness for leggings.

***

During the twenty-five minute drive to Seattle, you had a conversation with Itachi on why you disappeared for a whole week, and he'd share his days at work. Laughing with him about how grateful you were to be saved from Lilah's scary movie marathon was cut short when you suddenly jumped in your seat, realizing what was happening.

"H-hey Itachi," you mumbled, fiddling with your fingers. It was silly to start worrying since you were practically in the city already, but your conscience was threating you again. Before even agreeing to these plans, maybe you should've asked first. "Does...Ava know about this?"

"No," he bluntly replies, peering at you with a crooked smile. Dumbfounded, you stared into nothing, feeling guilty. He neared a stop sign, braking gently to let a car on his right go first, and before Itachi took his turn, your hands flew up in a halt.

"WAIT!" Itachi suddenly stepped on the break, causing you to jerk forward. Luckily there weren't any cars around to be confused since he stopped in the middle of the intersection.

 "What's wrong?"

 "Is this really ok? W-what if Ava...what if she finds out that—

You're cut off when his hand grabbed yours, squeezing it in comfort. "I promise you she won't find out."

"How do you know?"

"She's on a business trip and won't be back until Tuesday morning, so stop worrying."

"B-but I..."

HONK! HONK!

Itachi quickly released your hand and waved a gesture of apology to the two angry drivers that waited on two corners before driving off. Silence took over for a bit while you opened and closed your mouth, trying to continue the conversation.