♥14♡

• Dedicated to All_The_Lovely_Readers!

WARNING: This chapter contains SMUT--gasp! If you dislike such content, then simply skip the stuff (where *CAREFUL* is marked) and there ya go. Enjoy.

~~**~~**~~**~~**

You stared to the right, distracting yourself with passing cars and landscape. Sadly it became amusing, but it was better than looking forward through the windshield where the horror occurred.

Lighting and thunder took turns booming the navy blue skies, causing your cold hands to ball up on your lap. Eventually, it became so unbearable to the point that you had to bite down on your lip and freely reached for the radio.

"I like this song," you mumbled and turned up the volume. Although you had zero clue as to the genre or who sung this song, it helped by tuning out the rumbling. But the volume was low enough to hear when a concerned Itachi spoke up.

"Are you sure you're alright, [N! Name]?"

"Y-Yes!" your voice almost cracked in response, flashing him a sheepish grin. "I'm just...cold?" You hug yourself, faking a shivering sound with your lips.

"But the heater's on."

"Oh, is it?" You glanced down at the glow of the heater settings, which were indeed set almost to its highest (even the windows were fogged). Damn, you mentally cursed and pinched the leather of your boots. "I must be really sensitive then, aha..."

Keeping one hand on the wheel, Itachi carefully undid his scarf and offered it to you. "Then use this to warm your hands. It's getting too muggy for me anyway."

Taking the scarf with both hands, you smiled instantly at the soft material. The whole day you paid zero attention to this familiar accessory, yet how can you miss it?

I know this scarf, you mused happily, smiling wider as you traced over the stitches that you made long ago in Home EC (home economics) back in 8th grade. Countless all-nighters had to be pulled to finish knitting this, since it was a gesture of apology after accidentally losing Itachi's study notes for final exams— not that he needed them anyway...

"You still have this," you whispered as your patted the fabric, stunned by the well-kept quality. After all these years...

"Have what?"

Your toes curled and peered at him. Did he seriously hear that?! Luckily it was dark enough to hide the red on your face as he glanced at you for an answer. "Hah? N-nothing! I talk to myse— This is pretty. Is it hand knit—

A bright flash of lighting muted you, and when Itachi turned to check on you, he had to pull over to the side of the road. You were curled up on the seat, shielding your eyes with his scarf; your forehead pressed against the cold window glass.

Itachi gently clasped your quivering shoulder. "You okay?"

Peeking over the scarf, you realized the position you were in, and sit up before sheepishly turning to him. "Sorry! That lighting caught me by surprise... I'm fine, really!"

While you were too busy acting like everything was okay, fiddling your fingers, Itachi glared.

Nope.

Highly curious, his stare lingered on you for a pensive moment...and he refused to accept it. Pulling back his hand to set it on the wheel, he sat back and smiled. "Hey, [N! Name]... I just remembered there's something I've been meaning to give you," he said confidently, waiting for you to look at him. "Do you mind if I quickly stop by the house before dropping you off?"

"For me?" You quirked a brow but nodded anyway. "Sure. It's not like I have a curfew."

He started the engine again, looking at his side mirror before cautiously joining traffic. As he took the exit ramp, his side mirror reflected his crooked smile.