Chapter 1:

Sky's POV:

Sweat rolled down my back as I stared at the eight foot wall in front of me, barely able to see the crowds of people sitting in the stands on the other side. I stood in my stirrups, but still couldn't see anything. Beneath me, Onyx, my 5 (Soon to be 6) year old, 16 hand high dapple grey purebred Arabian gelding stomped the ground with his foreleg.

He seemed as uncertain about this as I was.

A thick fog started to roll out from the other side of the wall, covering the ground in front of us. I took a breath and clicked Onyx forward, circling him at a walk, trot and canter before pointing him at the wall.

Onyx cantered bravely towards the wall and I let him increase his speed a fraction.

Now why you may ask was I cantering my horse towards this eight foot nightmare? Simple, I wanted to be the new Puissance champion of J.O.P Stable, my home and stable.

I moved into a half seat as the wall got closer.

Onyx's ears flicked back and forth with uncertainty and I patted his neck, but secretly I was freaking out as well.

But there was no turning back now.

Onyx pushed off the ground, but it suddenly seemed like the jump moved ahead of us, like someone just pushed it back. Onyx failed his forelegs in the air, tipping forward. I quickly tried to sit back, but the damage was done.

I closed my eyes as Onyx and I both crashed to the ground.

........................................................................................................

" No! " I yelled as I sat up.

Sunlight streamed through my bay window that looked into our family paddock.

It was just a dream?

I sighed and laid back down in my water bed.

It felt so real...

I glanced over at my alarm clock.

1:20pm

Wow, I had slept in later than I thought, but since it was the last day before school started back up, I guess I could give myself a free pass. I sat back up, still shaky from my dream, or I guess it was more of a nightmare...

I stood up and walked over to the window. Onyx wasn't in the family paddock with my parents retired Olympic horses Fang and Ella, so I guess the grooms must have brought him inside. Even though I had just had a bad dream, I still had this sickly feeling I needed to go check on Onyx, like something was wrong. I quickly changed into black Irideon® Cadence™ Euro Seat Breeches and a black Distressed Skull Girls Sweater. Since it was pretty much fall, the warm summer weather had started to disappear. Lastly I grabbed my new brown Mountain Horse® Serengeti Paddock Boots to put by the front door, my mom hated it when you wore shoes in the house.

I washed up in my bathroom before walking down into the kitchen. Jonas was given the school year off because he was going to go back to university to get his business degree so he could open up his own restaurant, so mom was in charge of making meals this year, but she had already abandoned the kitchen with a few ham sandwiches made. She and dad had to go to a meeting about some new puissance competition that was going to be held here at our home-Junior Olympian Prep Stable, or J.O.P.S for short, before winter break.

Just saying the word Puissance made me shiver. The high jumping competition was all I had been able to think about after our teams victory at this years Summer Finale, one of, if not the most highly anticipated eventing shows of the year in Canada. This year was Jewel, my twin sister and my first time actually competing for J.O.P.S to win instead of just for experience and our parents had thought they would ' surprise ' us by taking 4 other riders from the best known stables in Ontario and bringing them here to train with us to be a team. At first we hated each other and couldn't get along for more than 5 seconds. But after a little while, we all started to meld together and pulled through to come out on top.