Chapter 11:

I woke up Saturday morning to someone pounding at my door. I quickly jumped out of bed and rushed over, swinging the door open to see my twin standing there, dressed in typical Saturday riding clothes.

I rubbed my eyes. " What? Didn't I tell you not to wake me on a Saturday unless the barn was on fire " I half teased.

Jewel smiled and raised a brow. " I just thought you wanted to know that that little girl and her mother are here "

It was my turn to raise a brow. " What are you talking about? "

" The girl and her mother that you promised to look at their pony? " Jewel replied as if it was obvious.

My eyes widened. I had been so caught up in Felix drama and training that I completely forgot!

" They've been here for a while. I just came back from Show Jumping schooling with Lo and said I'd find you for them "

I wasn't hearing her anymore, I was throwing out breeches and shirts from my drawers. " Okay thanks bye! " I replied quickly as I slammed the door.

I got dressed in record time, put my hair into a messy ponytail and brushed my teeth, skipping foundation and breakfast. I was at the barn and making my way to the indoor arena a few minutes later. I suddenly stopped when I heard voices coming from inside.

I slowly opened the door to see Felix there, standing beside Molly's mother as the little girl walked a cute grey pony-who I was assuming was Freddy, around them.

" Okay Molly " I heard Felix say as I approached them. The mother smiled and waved at me, which I greatly returned since she didn't seem mad, but Felix didn't even seem to notice me, his attention fully on the little girl. I noticed he flinched, or moved whenever she did and it made me smile. Either he was concerned she would fall of any second, which I found unlikely because she seemed pretty stable, even more than I was at her age, or because he was picturing himself riding.

" Sorry I'm late! " I called as I walked over to them.

" It's okay Skylar! Your groom here explained how hard you've been working for this Puissance competition, and he was more than happy to help while we waited for you "

I glanced at Felix, but his eyes stayed fixed on Molly and Freddy. I stood beside him and watched them as well. They ere very in tune with each other as Freddy kept one ear back towards his rider.

" I know it's hard to believe it, but he has been acting up " Molly's mother told us.

Felix nodded before speaking. " Alright Molly, how high can you jump? "

" Um...Well I competed in 2.9 show jumping during the summer "

" Wow! Impressive! " I spoke now, watching as Molly smiled.

" Well, lets set the jumps to 2.6 and see how that goes okay? " Felix asked as he walked over to a single fence in the middle of the arena. He set up the tiny jump and as he did so, I watched something with Molly. When she glanced at the jump, her whole rhythm with Freddy fell apart. She tightened her grip on the reins and gripped with her knees. Freddy sensed this and flicked his ears forward, no longer paying attention to her.

" Felix wait! " I called before Felix could ask her to jump.

Felix gave me a confused look, but I just turned to Molly's mother.

" ...Did Molly recently have a fall? "

Her mother immediately stiffed, her eyes going a bit watery. " ...Well, last year, before summer started, she sprained her wrist after she and Freddy fell on a routine Cross Country run. He had a small bruise, but she brushed off her wrist injury and got back on when they were both healed "

Felix was beside me now, listening to the story as well. He turned to Molly. " Hey Molly! Come here please " he called.

Molly brought Freddy over to us and Felix and I walked up to her.

" ...Molly, are you scared to jump? Because of what happened? "" Felix asked.

Molly looked down. " ...It was just so scary. We were about to cross the finish line and he tripped... " she explained.

I saw Felix's features soften before it hit me. Her story wasn't as bad as his, but the result had been the same.

A fear of riding.

" Molly, listen " Felix spoke, snapping me out of my thoughts. " I know a fall can be scary, I had one to, and I know that being near horses can be scary after that, but you didn't do anything wrong, it was something that could happen to anyone. You can't let it affect what you love to do okay? Freddy loves you, I can tell "

Molly stared at him, her face blank for a few minutes before she smiled. " So, he doesn't blame me for his fall? "

Felix smiled. " No, of course not, in fact, it would hurt him more if you stopped riding him. It's his favourite thing to do "

Molly nodded. " He does love to jump... "

" Then trust him, he doesn't blame you, he probably barely remembers what happened by now " Felix assured her, patting the pony's shoulder.

Molly's smile widened. " Okay! " she replied before pushing Freddy into a smooth trot. As she circled, Felix lowered the jump to just under a foot. I watched carefully as Molly directed Freddy over the ground poles and finally over the fence.

I cheered along with Felix and Molly's mother as she trotted the pony in a circle around us. The cute little guy was barely fazed by the short jump, tugging at the reins like he wanted to do it 10 more times.

" See? Always have confidence in your horse, or in this case pony " Felix told her.

I nudged his side when Molly's mom went to go talk to her. " Good advice. Think maybe anyone else could use it? "

He sighed. " ...I guess so... "

" Does that mean? "

" If I say yes will you stop bugging me? " His tone was teasing and he gave me a sideways smile.

I nodded like a bobble head figure.

" ...Okay...I'll get back on Rio, but jumping's still up for debate "

I couldn't help but cheer and hug him, but after a few seconds I pulled away and hid my slowly turning red face.

Wether he jumped or not it didn't matter, I was just happy Rio was getting her rider back!