Eighteen.

The time we've spent so far in Canada has been fantastic. The entire country itself is gorgeous, but I've been in absolute awe of Montreal since the moment the plane touched down. The entire atmosphere is simply breathtaking, and it's fascinating hearing the locals switch from French to English so easily.

Thankfully the boys get a couple of days off in between concerts to relax a little bit. Liam insisted that we all go out eat together tonight at the bistro located inside of our hotel.

"To a night off!" Harry toasts with his glass of red wine.

I smile as we all clink our glasses.

"But every night is a night off for Poppy," Louis snarks.

She and Harry both shoot him a glare while the rest of us bite our tongues in an effort not to laugh.

Niall narrows his eyes, "Louis, can we go just one night without your smart mouth?"

Everyone at the table begins to chat, but I can't be bothered to join any of the conversations because I'm starving. I overhear Kendra speaking to Harry about how his mother is coming is coming along with us for a few shows in the next two weeks, and Poppy is telling Niall about a gala that is flying back out to LA for.

"Since you've mentioned flying, that reminds me that I need to speak with Max about being able to fly out to New York City for a couple of days, you know so I can follow my Broadway dreams." Louis randomly remarks while the server makes her rounds with drink refills.

"Shut the fuck up, Tomlinson." Harry and Niall fume simultaneously.

He responds to them by sticking his tongue out.

"So anyway, Wren," Liam thankfully changes the subject. "When we finally get to London, what would you think of going on a blind date? There's this nice friend of mine, and I think—"

Harry chokes on his drink, "Liam, no. I know your friends. There's not a single one of them that would be suitable."

"You haven't met Ryan. I think they would get on quite nicely... You make it sound like I associate myself with delinquents."

"Yeah, you're likely thinking of the squad that Niall runs around with when he's back home," Louis remarks.

Suddenly a black fabric napkin flings across the table effectively hitting Louis in the face, "Aye! You leave my friends out of this."

"Er... I haven't even thought much about dating," I pipe in, answering Liam's question. "I honestly don't know the first thing about how any of that works. I suppose I'll need to give it a try eventually."

"No offense but, there aren't a lot of men who are willing to deal with the emotional baggage that comes from dating a widow. Liam, you should warn your friend, so it doesn't turn out to be a waste of time." Poppy interjects.

Waste of time.

I'm a waste of time.

I drop my breadstick on my plate and hold my breath trying to cover up the fact that her comment hurt me.

Liam quickly shakes his head, "That's not true! Everyone has baggage of some sort. When you meet someone that you have a strong connection with, none of that matters. Sure, it may make some things difficult, but you can't write someone off, for one thing, Poppy. My girlfriend has a child for God's sake."

Although I have yet to look up from my plate, I can feel various sets of eyes on me.

Slowly I raise my head up and make eye contact with Harry while he nods in agreement with Liam. He gives me an apologetic glance but remains silent.