Twenty-Nine.

The door was thrown open, and I heard loud footsteps come toward me, "Wren! Would it kill you to answer your phon-"He stopped in tracks when he saw me sprawled out on the sofa, "Not again. Where are they?"

I couldn't stop myself from giggling at his solemn demeanor that was usually threatening under normal circumstances, "Where's what?"

My laughter having triggered him, he punched the wall which then knocked off one of the antique crosses his mother had gotten us as a wedding gift.

Which only caused me to giggle more. "Your mama is gonna be so mad," I slowly drawled out, "You... You better hang that back up, Ollie."

His face tensed up, "Where. Are. The. Pills."

I shrugged, "I dunno."

Oliver shook his head at me and stormed out of the living room. I was quick (as I could've been) to follow him.

"You're so handsome; I missed you," I slurred while watching him rummage through my nightstand drawers.

"I told that quack of a doctor to stop prescribing you this BS!" He ran his hand through his hair in frustration.

"Oh welllll..."

He huffed, "You're high as a kite!"

I had reached the point to where everything had become a blur, so I just smile emptily at him.

"Ollie, I love you."

He stormed over to where I was standing, and put both of his hands on my shoulder and looked into my dazed eyes. "When did you take them, Wren?"

"After you yelled at me this morning. You made me sad," I slowly admitted. "But I'm so good right now, so I don't even care anymore. I'm so happy, Ollie. I like being happy. I wish I were this happy all the time."

He scoffed in disgust and pushed me away from him.

"You're such a disgrace."

"I love you, Ollie." I smiled at him.

The shrieking of the oven timer interrupts my little revisit of the past.

That part of my life was such a daze. Sometimes I try to pretend that they never happened.

~~~

I want to go home.

Of course, I don't actually mean that.

But I just can't get over how rude and selfish some people are. At least in my little church bubble, I wasn't exposed to such blatant hatefulness.

Sure, the Baptist community has its fair share of snarkiness towards others, but it's always private.

I remember overhearing my parents' gossip sessions every night at dinner and being very disappointed at how hypocritical they were being. But at least the things that they said never reached the poor souls that they were talking about.

In the real world, it appears that it's not only acceptable to be callous out in the open, but it's also encouraged. Twitter has been flooded with all kinds of deplorable messages about Poppy's situation.

: LOL, do you think that if @PopPop doesn't make it, the Winston fam will be looking for a new daughter? I volunteer!

: If @Harrystyles dumped me, I would also be trying to kill myself.