Forty-Seven.

Our beautiful Scarlett Wren,

Your sister informed us of your plans to move abroad, and we are deeply saddened. Your father and I have just spent two hours praying over you, begging God to show you the way. We've come across some scripture that we believe will help you reconsider your plans, and turn back into the true woman of God that we had trained you to be; the true woman of God that you once were. We are going to quote them for you, and explain to you why we chose them.

"I would prefer that the younger widows get married, have children, and take care of their homes, so as to give our enemies no chance of speaking evil of us. For some widows have already turned away to follow Satan." - Timothy 5:13-15

Please, do not continue to follow Satan, dear daughter.

"To the unmarried and the widows, I say that it is good for them to remain single as I am. However, if they cannot exercise self-control, they should marry. For it is better to marry than to burn with passion." - 1 Corinthians 7:8-9

"They have become callous and have given themselves up to sensuality, greedy to practice every kind of impurity." - Ephesians 4:19

These are very significant to us, as we hope that you are holding onto the morals that we have worked so hard to instill in you. With you running around with many men, we have reasons to believe that you have been tempted into whoredom. If your plan is to remain single, then you need to be under our watchful eye until you marry the right man of God that you so deserve to have. Your father still has the purity ring that you traded in on your wedding day; this should be worn again to remind you.

"But a man who commits adultery has no sense; whoever does so destroys himself." - Proverbs 6:32

We once saw Oliver's death as a tragedy, but we now see it as a blessing in disguise. Adultery is punishable by death, after all.

"No one born of a forbidden union may enter the assembly of the Lord. Even to the tenth generation, none of his descendants may enter the assembly of the Lord." - Deuteronomy 23:2

Have comfort in the fact that God's grace will not bless Oliver's illegitimate daughter and any family that she may produce in the future.

"Children, obey your parents in everything, for this pleases the Lord." - Colossians 3:20

This one should be self-explanatory. Remember that until you have a new husband, your father ultimately holds authority over you. It's biblical for you to honor that.

Praying hard for you.

Please don't bring any more shame to our family name.

This is our final effort at saving you. You have one week to contact us. If you don't, we will have to permanently part ways.

We love you so very deeply.

Your father and mother.

I blink at the screen in disbelief of the words that I just read.

The two humans who created me, who I once lovingly referred to as mommy and daddy, sent me this.

Dramatically clasping my hands together, I beg the Lord to stop me from having a mental breakdown. Humorlessly laughing like a madman, I slap my laptop shut, and pace around Niall's hotel room that I had taken residence for the night while the boys have their drunken sleepover.

Fuck my family.

F u c k my family.

Fuck them.