Twenty-Six.

Tonight Niall has planned a very eloborate date to ask Zoey to be his official girlfriend. They've had this strange friends-with-benefits arrangement for months, but he desperately wants it to be more.

I've been all over the city gathering everything needed-her favorite flowers, her favorite food, and the best pit stop of the day- getting her favorite wine.

The Baptist guilt overwhelmed me the moment I stepped inside of the liquor store. Thankfully the fantastic employees were able to find what I needed, and I was able to get out of there as quickly as possible.

Thankful to be out of the rain, I jog through our hotel's lobby to get to the elevators.

"What floor?" a fellow guest asks once the doors close.

I smile at the very well dressed brunette man, "Fifteen, thanks."

"Of course. Big date tonight, hm?" He motions towards the many bags that I'm carrying.

Why all of this forced small talk?

Can't we just elevate in peace?

"Prosecco? That's funny; I would have taken you as more of a red wine type of girl."

"Oh er," I cough, "Yeah. This...this stuff is my favorite."

There's something familiar about this guy, but I can't quite put my thumb on it. Before I can overthink it, we finally land on his floor.

"I guess I'll be seeing you around... what's your name?"

"Wren," I answer.

"Nice to meet you, Wren. I'm Sterling."

I put one of the grocery bags at my feet so I can give him a weak handshake.

"Good luck!" He tells me as the doors close.

What a weirdo.

"Okay, Mr. Romance!" I announce as I let myself into Niall's suite. "I think I have everything covered."

I place the vase of daisies on the small dining table and stick their wine in a chiller.

Niall stands at the vanity and fiddles with his hair, "Do I look okay?"

"You look very handsome," I assure him as I stick the chocolate covered strawberries in the mini fridge. "While you're picking her up at the airport, I'm meeting the restaurant people in the lobby, and I'll get the food all set up before you guys come back."

"I'm nervous," He admits. "What if she says no? What if she's just okay with our current arrangement?"

"No girl in their right mind would say no, Niall."

Seriously.

I would love for a man to go through all of this trouble for me.

Heh. Only in dreams.

"Wait a second, do you still have those umm... you know... condoms?" I awkwardly check while praying that it doesn't lead to a weird conversation.

Because if they do need them, Kendra is going to have to go.

The perks of my new contract.

"I mean... I threw away the weird sheepskin ones you bought, but yes. Don't worry; I'm good on that front. "

I sigh in relief, "Okay good. Now the car to take you to get her at the airport will be here at 5:15. I'll see you guys tomorrow."

"Thank you, Wrenter."