Forty-One.

.:.Harry's POV.:.

After recording all morning, my brain is mush. My ears are ringing, and my throat is dry. I really didn't want to get out of bed this morning, but I was forced out of the room by Liam.

'Haz, the album is too close to completion for you to start slacking off now!'

Fuck you, Payne.

Everybody is currently out to lunch, but I chose to stay in. Despite being busy, and productive, the only thing on my mind is Wren.

God, I'm such a fuck up.

Tomorrow Is our day off, and the last day in Sydney, and I have plans with my mum and Gem. I have no idea how I'm going to get through it. I need to tell them about the things I said to her, but I'm afraid of the consequences... They might kill me.

Shaking off negative thoughts, I lay down on the couch of studio and stare at the ceiling. Our label has actually rented out studio space for us to record in while we're in Sydney... It beats the hell out of recording songs in hotel rooms. After zoning out for a bit, I hear the door open. Niall hadn't made it to the studio yet, but he said he'd be in this afternoon. Something to do with his knee, I guess.

"Oh hey Ni-Gem?" I sit up, "What're you doing here? I thought you and mum had an appointment at the nail salon? Kendra told me she that she had it all set up."

She explains, "Well we did but... You're more important than getting acrylic nails. I just wanted to check on you."

"Check on me?"

"Um, mum and I went out with Wren or whatever her name for brunch, and she told us what happened."

"Wait- Wren? You guys went out with Wren?"

Why didn't any of them tell me? Wren spent the night with me for fuck's sake!

She probably told them everything.

It's a damn good thing that my will is up to date.

"Yeah, and I wish we hadn't."

My head jerks back at her words, "I'm sorry?"

"She told us about her issues, and how she took them out on you," She scoffs, "Absurd that she thinks that she can use a former relationship as an excuse. I'm just glad you ended it."

"Huh? Gem, I don't think you quite understand what happened."

She plops next to me on the couch and squeezes my shoulder for comfort.

"Her being unsettled about me going out with Taylor just triggered me into attack mode, and I fucking couldn't stop from going off. Gem, I royally screwed everything up... and I hate myself for it."

There's no use in trying to stop tears from forming in my eyes when I remember the look on her face.

"Do you remember when I was in LA, and we went to dinner with Poppy and her friends? When she made fun of you in front of everyone?" Gemma calmly questions, and I nod.

How could I forget?

'Harry may as well be a woman with how emotional he is,' Poppy giggled, and everyone at the table (minus Gem and I) followed suit.

"I was ready to box her ass right in, but you pulled me aside, and you told me that you told her that her makeup looked like shit, and that's why she was upset. Which led me to smack you instead. I was so pissed!"

"I... I remember that."

"And that one Christmas when we all overheard Poppy screaming at you, and throwing things all over your room at mum's house? You told us that you were the one who lost your temper first, and she was only reacting like that because she was scared of you. Mum ended up lecturing you for hours."