Eight

Chapter Eight

SUNDAY MORNING

Luke's POV

I woke up this morning feeling sore but not as bad as I felt last night. I got up carefully and walked to the bathroom, I got into the shower quickly before getting out and examining the bruise on my ribs and my black eye which was still a little swollen. I got dressed, putting on sweatpants and a hoodie.

I walked downstairs and was surprised to see Andi still here.

"Andi" I said surprised

"Hi, how are you feeling?" she asked as I sat at the bench.

"Still sore." I replied as Andi handed me a glass of water and two more painkillers.

"Thanks" I said before I took them.

"I was going to leave once the boys got home but they were quite drunk and I didn't want to leave you by yourself in case the pain got worse and you needed something." Andi explained

"Thank you" I replied sincerely.

"There's a doctor on the way over to check you out, so while you wait do you want me to make you a coffee and maybe an omelette?" Andi said

"That would be great thank you." I replied before Andi looked in the fridge and put the kettle in.

"Omelette with cheese, tomato, mushroom and bacon, how does that sound?" Andi asked as she looked in the fridge.

"Yum." I replied smiling.

"Ok." Andi said as she got out the ingredients and began cooking.

Andi's POV

"That was great. Thanks Andi." Luke said as he finished his breakfast, as my phone started ringing.

"Hello." I said as I answered it.

"Sure, I'll be there in a minute." I replied before hanging up.

"The doctor is here to check you out. I'm just going to let him in." I said to Luke, who nodded as he had coffee in his mouth. I left the kitchen and walked to the gates.

"Morning Michael." I said as I let him through the gate.

"Morning Andi" he replied

"So just charge this visit to me please. Luke got beaten last night and his ribs are pretty tender so he just needs to be checked out." I explained just before we walked into the house.

"Luke, this is Michael and vice versa." I said to Luke introducing them.