Chapter 4

(A year later from the last part. Danny is 15 and peter is 16)
Danny's pov.

"Peter why must you sit on the ceiling?" I ask. Peter looks down, err... up? At me. "Hi Danny." He waves, "And to answer your question." He blushes, "I don't know. It's comfy?" I sigh. "I guess that's reasonable." I set down on the bunk bed and pull out my homework. I had just gotten back to school. I had to go to therapy for a while, still do. But things are getting a lot better. My nightmares have mostly gone...

I laugh at peter ring tone when his phone begins ringing. "Hey Ned." He answers. "What? The rhinos Back? Where? Morris park? Okay got it. I'll go as soon as possible." He hangs up. "You want to join me on this one Danny?" He asks. I nod, "sure. Who is this rhino guy exactly?" I ask. "He's a small bald Russian guy in a mechanical suit shaped after a rhino." He says, he throws his old suit at me. "You can use this if you want. Your old jumpsuit isn't exactly fixable." "Thanks." I walk into the bathroom and get into the suit. It's a little big, but really comfortable. I transform into my ghost form and focus on keeping it on me. Luckily it works and is now black and white. The little spider was turned into my old symbol. The ghostly d with a p inside of it. I smile, flipping up the hood. I walk out and show it to peter.

"it changed color when I transformed." I say. "It looks nice! The colors are a lot better then the red and blue I had. Are you going to put on a mask?" He asks. I shake my head. "No one is going to think I'm alive. So it's safe to not wear a mask." He nods "okay! Sounds good. HEY AUNT MAY THE RHINOS IN TIME SQUARE. I GOTTA GO. DANNY'S COMING TOO." Peter yells to aunt may. "OKAY BE CAREFUL." She yells back. I grab peters hand and turn us invisible. I float ya out of our building and down the street. "Thanks Danny! That's really helpful." He smiles. "It's no problem."

I drop us of at a building. "Are you ready to kick some butt?" Peter asks. "He's going to be shaking in his boots." I joke with a weak smile. He bursts out into a huge smile. "There's the spirit! Now come on. Last one there is a rotten egg!" He says, swinging away. I fly up and make my way there, "I'm not going to be the rotten egg."  I say, determined to win. I float up to the crime scene. I turn invisible and wait for peter. He swings up. "What took you so long Web Head?" I ask, turning visible in front of him. He jumps up, "Danny don't do that!" I chuckle. "No promises." He sighs, "let's just get the guy." He jumps down, landing by a police car. "Hey hippo. How's its been?" "The names rhino!" He growls. I float down, "You know when you said he was a guy in a rhino suit I expected something more, intimidating." "Who are you! And how dare you I will kill you all!" "Anger issues much?" I ask. "This is phantom. He's my pal, my buddy, my partner." Peter says. "I would say it's a pleasure to meet you. But it's really not." I add. "Now, could you surrender and save us some time?" Peter asks. "Never!" "It was worth a shot." Pete shrugs. I stretch, "you want to go first?" I ask.

"You go." He says. I nod, "Hey rhino. Why don't we play a bit of hide and seek?" In a flash I turn invisible. "Impossible!" He screams. Pete snatches an a piece of broken concrete and smashes it on his head. While he tottering I turn visible and grab him from the suit using my intangibility. "That was anticlimactic." Peter says. "But also really easy, why didn't we do this earlier?" "There wasn't an insane guy in a rhino suit recking moriss Park." I answered. "Oh. Yea I guess that's right." I float down to the cops and hand him to them, "Here ya go. One idiot." "Casper that's rude." Peter scolds. "I know. But it's true." I say as we head off, starting patrol a bit early. "Thank god for the weekend." Peter says, taking a deep breath. "You could say that again." I sigh. Peter stiffens, as if hearing something. His hearing is much greater than mine, so I ask, "what are you hearing?" He stands up, "someone is getting attacked nearby us." He walked to The edge of the building. I look down and in the alleyway a boy was getting Surrounded by a group of thugs. I jump down, the building wasn't super high because where in Queens not New York City. peter quickly follows after. "I wouldn't do that if I wear you." I say, "I would listen to him." Peter says. The gasp and stubble back. The run away leaving us alone. "I wish all criminals would do that." Pete sighs. "You okay?" I asks the guy. I notice he's a kid my age.

He stares at me in particular. "Oh my god. Your, your Danny phantom. From amity park." He says. I stiffen, "Not any more. It's just phantom." I say, not wanting to think about amity. "Why did you leave amity?" He asks. I raise an eyebrow. "I'm just a ghost, why would you care?" I say, avoiding the topic. "That exactly why! Ive only heard of ghosts, seeing one in real life is awesome! Especially a Hero!" He rambles. Peter laughs, "looks like you already have a fan Casper." "Shush web-head." I say. "We gotta go. Stay safe." Peter says. We quickly leave. "I'm surprised he knew about me. It's been around a year sense I left amity." Peter shrugs. Suddenly we here the roar of jets nearby. "What's that?" He asks. We look to see iron man looking around. In a panic I grab Pete and hide behind a wall. "Danny!" He whisper yells. "It's fine. That's just Ironman." He says. I look uncertainly over the wall and back at peter. I uncertainly let go of his hand and he crawls up and over. "Hi mister stark!" "Oh there you are. Where your friend?" He asks. "He's hiding. He's a bit shy." Peter responds. "Casper come on out. Mr. Starks cool." He calls out to me. "No." I quip. "It's fine. It's tony by the way. And eyepatch wanted to talk to you two about something." He says.

"Who is that?" Pete asks. "He's the leader of shield. An agency that investigates unnatural events and things." "No! The last time I dealt with a mysterious agency they kidnapped me and tried to vissict me!" I yell, picking me head out. "They what?" He asks, turning his head to at me. I slip back to my hiding spot. "I wouldn't ask. It brings up bad memories for him. Now what does shield want with us?" Peter asks. "Not super sure wasn't listening. Something about the avengers." Tony yawns. "They want us... to join the avengers?" peter asks. "Yep. Something like that." Tony realizes. "That would be a honor. But We can't. We're not ready for that kind of stuff." Pete says. Tony sighs, "Look kid. He is technically my boss. And we where given orders to bring you in no matter what." "What-" peter interrupted by a shield flying past him. "No!" I yell, flying in front of him and casting and ecto-shield. I look To see the rest of the avengers climbing up onto the roof. "We should go." I nervously say, turning us invisible and intangible. We watch as the avengers stare in surprise. "I didn't know the phantom Midgardian could do that!" Thor booms. Peter yelps at the loud noise. Once again stares, I can feel black widow staring into my soul. "The're still there." She says. "Casper know would be a good time to run." Peter says. "No shit!" I yell, flying with Pete in my arms.

In the dust I hear, "language." "Shut it Cap."