Chapter 18

I quickly eat my cereal and grab my bag from my room. It was rather hard to do while avoiding eye contact. Tony gives a bit of money to spend. We probably won't use it anyway. We have our own money. We quickly walk out and walk down to the mall. "Why don't we walk more?" I ask. "IM WALKING HERE!" A man yells st a car. "Oh yea. I remember now." I frown. As we walk I notice a girl get pulled into the alleyway. "That's not good news." Peter says. "No shit." We peek into the alleyway. I could smell the loads alcohol on the guy. "Give- hic!- give me your money!" He threatens. Holding up a knife. I walk into the alleyway. "How much have you drank? It's 8 in the morning and your already wasted." I quip. "The fuck? Who?" He stumbles over his grammar. "Wow you really are drunk. Just put down the knife and we can talk this over." Peter tells him. "Your not my moom! I can- hic!" He barfs into a trash can. "Eww. Come on miss- we should go while he's... losing any dignity he has left." I say, glaring at him. We walk out at the lady hugs us. "Thanks! I was just about to call tony for help. Any way I'm pepper pots." She smiles.

"I'm Peter." "The names Danny. Have a nice day. And be safe." I smile. "Of course!" She looks at the time. "Oh fuck I'm going to be late if I don't hurry. Bye!" She waves and runs towards the tower. "I'm surprised she can run with those shoes." I say. "We May be superheroes. But in heels, She's the most powerful." Peter jokes. I laugh. We continue on to the mall. We step in, enjoying the warmth. At least peter was, I like cold weather. You all know why. We walk into this store filled with superhero merch. We buy tony a ark reactor Christmas ornament; Steve a shield; thor a hammer; Clint a bow; Bruce a giant green fist; and Natashas is just her logo. I notice a little ornament with cartoon versions of me and peter on it. I smile, and grab it. "For Aunt May." I explain. We pay and get out of their. "Thank god for Christmas sales." Peter jokes. I laugh. I notice a booth with ugly Christmas sweaters. "Let's get one for Bucky. I'm sure he would like one." I say, since we couldn't find an ornament for him. We find a lovely maroon one with a white snowflake pattern. "I think he'll like this one. Not to sure though."  Peter says, I nod. We grab some wrapping paper, presents for each other. We head into the food court and grab some lunch. " I don't understand how you could like that." I say, pointing to the sirracha He was posting onto his burger. "It's good. I like spicy food okay?" He says. I shrug. "I haven't been a fan of Spicy food since I got my- oh...." I realize that I have an ice core that doesn't agree with hot foods. Peter laughs, "that's unfortunate."

"Meh. It's just food." I shrug. "At least I don't get brain-freezes anymore." I smirk. "I guess that outweighs the cons." He laughs. We continue eating in peace. "So are we going to make cookies? Cause we are going to have to buy ingredients. I seriously doubt tony has any besides microwaveable stuff." I say. "Okay doki."
(Cough- literature Club- cough.) we chow down our food and get up. "Do you think we can check to see if a costume store has eye contacts?" I ask, pointing at a store nearby. "That's a brilliant idea! We should totally do that." He says. We check it out. "Do you need help?" An African American kid our age asks, he has messy bleach blonde hair with Deep brown eyes. He's got a Danny phantom beanie. I'm guessing he works here. "Yea. Do you have blue eye contacts?" I ask. He stares at my eyes for a bit. "There this way. I don't get why you would want blue contacts when you have awesome eyes like that." He says. I blush. "It's for a costume." I lie. We grab the contacts and go. I notice a number on my receipt. "Your cute and seem cool. Call me greeny- Ethan." I blush. "Looks like some ones got game." Peter jokes.

I glare at him. I put the number in my pocket. "Your Going to call him aren't you?" He asks. "He seems nice." I blush. "He better be if your hooking up with him. Cause if he isn't he's going to have to deal with a certain superhero hunting him down." Peter says. "Shut up." I playfully punch his arm. We head to the store and grab stuff for cookies. I kept the phone number in the back of my mind. We walk back into the tower. It's oddly quiet. "Jarvis where is everyone?" Peter asks. "They are at a meeting peter. They will be back in a hour or two." "Okay Thanks. Do you think that will be enough time to finish the cookies?" Peter asks. "The batter has to cool. So no. But might as while get started." I shrug. "Let me hide to gifts in our room and try the contacts on." I say. "Sounds cool." I out the presents in our closet and put on the contacts. I blink a few times. Before looking into the mirror. "Hope this works." I shrug. I walk out. " how does it look?" I ask. "It should work." Peter asks. "Now teach me how to make those cookies!" Peter says excitedly. We Begin making the cookies. And I'm regretting letting peter help.

"STOP BREAKING THE EGGS!"
"NONONO DON'T DO THAT!"
"HOW DID YOU LIGHT A FIRE WE HAVEN'T EVEN TURNED ON THE OVEN?"

Let's just say there was a lot to clean up. "I'm never baking with you again." I mutter. "I think that's fair." Peter agrees. I place the cookie dough In The refrigerator. "Okay. That's done. Just need I to wait." I sigh. I pull out the number from my back pocket. "This is a bad idea." I mutter as I plug it into my phone. (Underline means text,) "hi. I'm you gave me your number. Ethan right?" ... "Oh your that cute boi from the shop. Hi greeny." I blush. "This is awkward..." I text. "Oh I'm sorry. Do you, not swing this way?" He asks. "No, I'm Pan so the swing is fucking out of control. It's just Ive never been called cute by someone who wasn't my close family." WHY AM I ADMITING THIS TO A STRANGER? "That's one of the best ways I've heard Pansexuality. be described. I'm on shift right now so I can't text much. Wanna meet up?" Peter walks in and noticed my red face. "Your texting him aren't you." "Shut up." Peter laughs. "Greeny?" He asks. "Danny. My names Danny. And sorry about that. My brother was teasing me. But yea. That sounds nice. I have to ask my guardians though." ... "sounds good! Wanna meet outside the mall? My shift ends at three." "Yea! Sounds great!" I look at the time. It's two. "Cool its a date!" He texts. "Okay." I panic. A date! I've never been on one! The closest thing I've had to a date was a fake out make out.

"Peter I think I just got asked out on a date." I say horrified. "You got game Danny." "PETER!"