Chapter 8

Peters pov

I run out of school, I walk up to the corner where me and Danny meet. Danny's is already waiting there. "What took you so long?" He asked. I rolled my eyes, "different schools end at different times." "So are we go home, or go for a walk?" He asks. Using the code we made up, going for a walk means going on patrol. "Let's go for a walk." We sneak into an alleyway and change into our super hero personas. We make our way to the roof tops, looking for any crime. There wasn't much, but that is probably it to the fact that Danny joined in on my patrol. You can't beat a guy you can't touch.

So we were just hanging out on a certain roof of a building we didn't know. "I'm bored." Danny yawns, stretching. I look over the snowy city. "It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas." I say, smirking. "I'm not going to start singing with you." Danny frowns. "Your no fun." We hear a ruckus down below us. There was a bank robbery down across the street. "Ladies first." Danny smirks. I roll my eyes and swing down by the building. We walk in and I mess around with some poses. "Got your pin card?" I asked. They all turn around. "Shit! It's the vigis! Run!" A guy says. "Vigis? Is that short for vigilantes?" Danny asks. I quickly web up a few and Danny freezes the feet to the ground. "What are you, a ghost Elsa?" A robber mocks. I snort. "Shush." He glares at me. Danny grumpy walks out as I laugh. "It's not funny." He groans as I laugh, "he just called me Elsa. It's not that funny." "Okay Fine. I'll let it go." I say cheekily. "No." He sighs and floats up onto a roof. I swing up. "Come on don't give me the cold shoulder." I quip. He sighs, "Ok that one was ok." "I know" I smirk. As we're hanging out, a little snowflake falls onto my noise. I look up, "it's snowing!!!" I cheer. Danny laughs, "it sure is." I pull off my mask, we're high enough no one would notice. "That's dangerous you know. What if someone where to look up?" Danny asks. "As if they'd be able to actually see my face from such a height." I shrug. Danny laughs, "I guess your right." There's a long Silence, it's not akward.... it's nice, and peaceful. "I rarely got time like this in amity. It was always busy and stressful. It's kinda nice." Danny smiles. "Being away from the responsibilities and stress. Just, being there. And not doing anything.... it really is." I respond. "Hey boys." We hear the voice of a very annoying archer. I quickly slip on my mask without any hesitation. "Hello Hawkeye." Danny says. "I guess the moment of peace and silence never lasts long. What do you want?" I ask. "I just wanted to update you. Fury doesn't want us to hold back, especially know that we know he's part human." Danny looks down, "stupid vlad." He mutters. "And the team says, sorry." I raise an eyebrow, "for what?" I ask, preparing to flee. "Everything That happens next." He says, suddenly black widow clamps the belt around Danny. "No!" I yell, dodging the tranquilizers black widow was shooting at me. Danny bangs at the belt, trying. To turn it off, his transformation rings at just barely at his face when he turns it off. He forces the rings back down. "You're an asshole." He says. "Agreed. Tell you boss that we don't want to join. We don't want even more responsibility, we can barely handle the responsibility we have at the moment." I say, we leap off the building, swinging/flying off. Pulling tight corners and weaving through the city, sending them on a wild goose hunt. We sneak into an alleyway and watch as Ironman flys by. Danny turns us invisible as we change back, he of course looks the other way as I slip my regular clothes on. We slip out and rush home. "Again?" Aunt May asks. We nod, "you poor things. I wish I could have a few, words with their boss." "Aunt May you can't slap the avengers boss."
——————————————————
Danny's pov (The next day.)

Peter unlocks the door to our house. We walk in, tired from patrol. "Aunt May? We're home!" Peter yells. There's no response, "that's weird..." I say. We walk into the kitchen. "Why are all the counters a mess?" Peter asks. I grab wooden spoon from the counter, "Aunt May? Are you okay?" I yell out. "...." still no response. We walk foreward a bit. I see a shoe peak out from behind a corner. "Peter..." I point it out. "Oh no..." he rushes foreward, "Aunt May?" Fear races through my heart as we see her laying there, not moving. "Danny call 911!" Peter yells. I race the the phone in the counter, I dial in the number. "Hello 911 what is your emergency?" A mans voice asks. "It's our Aunt May! We got home and found her lying on the ground passed out. We don't know what's wrong with her." I say panickedly. "Is there a heart beat?" He asks.
—————————————————
Three hours later, in the hospital.

"Well boys. It seems that your aunt suffered from a Major concussion. She's in a coma, she will most likely wake up. Just not sure when." The Doctor announces. We breath out an uneasy sigh. "At least she's not dead." Peter says, his voice shaking with sadness. I nod. "Any idea on how it could have happened?" The doctor asks. "The counters where a mess. So a home invasion would have been most likely." I mutter. Why would anyone hurt Aunt May? She's the one of the most caring and understanding people I know. He nods, "sounds likely. A c.p.s Agent is over there. He will talk to you two about your living conditions and such." The Doctor says before walking away. "Hello. I'm Agent Smith. I'll explain how this is going to work." He explains that once every week a He or another agent will come over and make sure we aren't dead. That is unless there is some family friends or such that can. I nod, taking in the fact that. Aunt May might never wake up.

——————————————————
One awkward drive later.

"This is the place right?" He asks. We nod. He unlocks the car, "I'll check on you two tomorrow if there's any thing. Such as a friends parents that are willing to watch you. If that happens there is a possibility that the house will go up for sale. But that's only if her condition gets worse." He says. Peter opens the door, "Thanks." We walk in. "I'm going to call Mr stark." Peter says, dialing the number. "Hey what's up kid?" Tony answers. "Hey mister stark. I don't think I can come in tomorrow." He says. "Okay? Did anything happen?" He asks worried. "Aunt May, is in the hospital. She's in a coma..." peter says, voice breaking. "Wait what?" Tony says. "aunt May is in a coma." He repeats.

"Just a second kid. I'm coming over." He says hanging up. "What no!" Peter says. I sigh, "we should probably clean up a bit. For our unwanted guest." I look at the mess of our kitchen. We begin pick up all the strewn kitchen tools. I notice a note. Peter grabs a glass of water. I pick it up. "Who is Harry Osborn?" I ask. I hear the sound of glass breaking. I turn around, peter stares at me, shocked. "Did you say, harry Osborn?" He asks. "Yea. There this note from him." I say, holding it up. "Harry Osborn used to be one of my best friends. Until he became the green goblin." Peter explains. "Oh shit. Isn't that the guy that killed, you know?" I ask, he nods. "What does the note say?" He asks. I read the note, "Hello, did you miss me? Traitor." "That's not good." Peter paces around the room. "Peter there's glass on the floor." I mumble. He steps out the room and continues pacing. "There's broken glass in the floor but sure walk out and nearly on it." I mumble, getting a broom and sweeping up the glass. This Osborn guy can't be good if he has peter that caught off guard.