Chapter 13

Danny's pov.

"THE PIZZA IS HERE!" Tony yells. Peter yelps and falls of the bunk bed. I hold back laughter. We walk into the living room. "What was that loud noise?" Steve asks. I attempt to hold back more laughter as peter glares at me. "It wasn't funny Danny." He pouts. "You fell of the bunk bed! That's pretty funny you have to admit." I chuckle. Peter tools his eyes and grabs some pizza. "The milkshakes on the counter are for you." Natasha says. I noticed tony glare at her. I shrugged it off. I grabbed a milkshake and some pizza. I took a sip and nearly spat it out. I gulped it down, and put the milkshake back on the counter. "Man New York milkshakes taste a lot shitier than the one in amity." I say. "Language." I roll my eyes. Peter takes a sip. He wrinkles his noise. "Yea... this is pretty crappy actually. No offense." He puts his down.

"Mine tastes fine." Tony shrugs. I sit down and munch on my pizza. "So, your close to phantom right?" Natasha asks. Me and peter look at each other. "You could say that." I say. I mean, we are the same person. "Do you know his identity." "Of course no— yes." I say. "What. No I didn't mean to say that.. .Why did i?!" I ask confused peter was glaring at me. "Did you put a truth serum in the milkshake?" I ask. "She did it." Tony points at black widow. "I knew it. Who is he." I continue eating my pizza, not talking. "Do you know peter?" She asks. Peter just takes a bite of his pizza, not saying anything. "So you know too. Do you know anything about Spiderman?" We stay quiet, not telling.

"So Who's the surfer dude?" Peter finally asks. Pointing Thor. "I AM THOR!" He loudly proclaims. "Is he always that loud?" I ask. "Not always." Bruce shrugs. "I don't believe we've meet. Who might who be?" He asks. "Call me Danny. Not dan, that dude tried killing me. And not Daniel, only fruit loop calls me that." I say, accidentally letting out about dan. "Who is his dan?" I stay quiet. "Just a ghost." I finally say. "Don't worry. If that dragur where to ever come near! I shall smite him!" Thor proclaims. "Pretty sure that won't work but thanks anyway." I say. "Anyway when is this truth serum going to where off?" I ask. "An hour." Natasha says. Cool. So 30 minutes for peter and 55 for me. I think, doing the math in my head. Theirs an awkward silence. "You do realize we aren't going to give anything away?" Peter asks.

"Yea. I mean it was worth a shot. Sorry about that. We had to because of our job." "No prob. Most ghosts would have tortured me." I say, forgetting about the truth serum for a second. "Shit." I curse, wide eyed. Looking at the avengers angry faces. "They would have what?!" Tony asks. "Haha I'm going into my room until this serum runs out." I say running into my room. "Oh god oh god oh god." I mutter pacing around the room. "Danny? It's me peter. Can I come in?" "Is it just you?" I ask. "No. But I'm not going to let Clint get in." I hear Clint groan. "I'm sorry I'm on a truth serum that you and your girlfriend put me on! Now let talk to my brother!"peter says, walking in and closing the door on Clint. "Jarvis lock our door." Peter says. "Ok." Jarvis answers. I starting floating out of stress.

"Danny calm down." Peter says. "I can't! they know I've been tortured. They probably think I'm some baby that can't take care of himself! There never going to trust me to go out alone!" I say, The combination of the truth serum and stress making me spill. "Danny they won't. And I'm telling the truth. Now calm down." Peter says. I take some deep breaths, let myself down and sit in the ground. Peter sits next to me. "It's going to be ok." "No it's not. There going to think that I'm a baby that needs to be taken care of. Their not going to understand that I've gotten over them. And it won't help that I have this stupid truth serum that might make me tell them that I've been tortured more times than I can count. There not going to understand that while yes it was traumatic, it's been over a year since I've been a ghost hunter. And even longer since I've been tortured! Not to mention the fact that I've had near death experiences nearly every day! There not going to understand!" I say, a bit louder then I would like.

"And if they put everything to gather then they find out, and both our secret identities will be gone." I whisper, "Danny it's fine. They'll understand. They aren't like Maddie and jack. They've been through stuff to. And know what it's like. Besides being close to a ghostly super hero is bound to get someone kidnapped." He says. I sigh. "Ok. I'll talk to them. But only after this stupid serum runs off." I say. "Sure thing. She said it would run out in a hour right?" Peter asked. "Yea." We waited for a while, we knew that the serum wasn't going to work anymore. But we didn't want to seem suspicious. Well, more suspicious then we already do. Suddenly the door was kicked down. Peter nearly jumped onto the ceiling. And I nearly phased through the floor. "Bucky? What the fuck. You broke the door!" "Language." "Your one to talk Steve." Bucky responds.

"Anyway kid. I want to know who the hell hurt you." Bucky Says. "It would Be physically impossible for you to find them and hurt them. It was just a few ghost enemies of mine. It's fine. It's been a very long time since that stuff has happened. And my friends normally saved me before it got to bad." I say. "I just. I didn't want you guys to think I'm some baby that needs to be protected. I've fought against untouchable ghosts and come out successful. I'm fine." I say, partly lying. "It's just. You all have super powers and I'm just a kid. A kid who knows whats he's doing, but. Still just a kid." I partly lie. "It's fine. We all have our battles." Steve says, "But if you two ever get captured I will beat the fuck out of hurt you." I blink a couple times, before smirking. "Language." I hear peter cracking up in the background.