Chapter 22

Two days later- Morning.

"You've got to be shitting me." The living room was decked out in Christmas decorations. And there was a pile of presents under the trees. We still need to wrap... "language." Steve scolds. I roll my eyes. "How did you guys manage to get this all up last night?" Peter asks. "We've got two spies, a super soldier, a god, and my money. It's not as hard as one would think." Tony says. "Where's Wanda and Vision?" I ask. "They went back home. They say it's too crazy in the tower for them." Clint says. "Okay." I walk up to the fridge. Luckily the cookie dough was still there. I get it out. Peter looks excitedly at me. "No." "What is that?" Tony asks. "Cookie dough." I say. "When did you make cookie dough?" Clint asks. "You where out on something." Peter says. "And you where no help." I glare. "You try cracking eggs with super strength!" Peter whines.

"Still. The next part involves powdered sugar and That shit is hard to clean up." I say. "But-" "no." "Finnnne." Peter groans. "I don't want to know what happened." Steve says. Floating, I grab a bowl and pour some powder sugar into it. I wash my hand and dry them with intangibility. "Jarvis preheat the oven." I grab a bit of cookie dough and drop it into the powdered sugar. I roll it around before placing it into the cookie tray I prepared. I repeat till the dough is gone. I carefully slid the tray into He preheated oven and let it bake. "You can bake?" Steve asks. "Jazz thought me how. It was a way to avoid my parents arguing during Christmas." I say without thinking. "Ok." Tony nods. I head into the living room, struggling with my stupid crutches. "So what are we gonna do today?" Peter asks, still slightly grumpy about not being able to help with the cookies.
——————————————————
?¿? Pov

"DAMNIT." I slam my hands onto the table. The plan failed, I thought giving away phantoms identity would make him miserable. But this is about the happiest I've seen him. "What are we going to do?" Skulker asks, "We had a deal. Once the plan succeeded I would be able to finally kill the Welp." "Well the plan failed. So the deal is off. You hunt as much as you want." I wave him off. "Gladly." He walks for a bit, "and spectra. Good luck with whatever plan you have next. But leave the Welp alone, he's all mine." "I'll try. I'm thinking of going to a high school." I look down at my hands, they where callused and wrinkled, "with that much negativity I'll be young in seconds."

He finally leaves. I look down to my desk. The plans were sprawled all over it. "One day. I'll have a plan, that not even the ghost child could stop. And then, I'll be young forever."
——————————————————

"COME ON!" Clint throws down his remote. I break into laughter as peter kicks Clint's ass in the video game their playing. "I've been dethroned. My title as the mariocart king, has been stolen." He says over dramatically. "Waliugi always wins." Peter jokes in a waliugi voice. I float into the air, going upside because I couldn't control my laughter. "Oh my god. You got your ass handed to you Clint." I snort. "I noticed." Clint sighs. "Language." Cap mutters barely looking up from his news paper. "Does anyone notice the large crowd out side?" Natasha says, sharpening her nails. I poke my head through the window, "protesters?" I realize. "What is it this time?" Tony sighs, getting off the couch and looking. "Wait- this time?!" Peter asks worried.

"Oh, there protesting to know if you guys are okay..." tony says, amazed. "Wat." "I thought the media hated me!" I say. "At least they did back in amity." I quietly add. "I guess New York's likes you a lot more. There dressed up as you and spider kid." He says. Peter rushes to the window. "Wooo! So cool. Can we go down and see them!" He asks. "Suit up first." Peter stumbles into his room. I shrug and the two rings trans form me. I noticed my burnt suit. "I think I might change." "Good idea." I float into my room. I grab large plain white t-shirt and the Spiderman pj bottoms. Having some difficulties with the cast before I remembered I could go intangible.

"Really. Your going out in that?" Peter laughs. "I'm healing and my current suit in burnt like toast. Yes." I say, "They'll understand. That I can't be my usual hot self." Peter laughs and rolls his eyes, "Surrrrre." "Now come on!" I say grabbing him. We race out and I phase through the window, floating and waiting for peter. He opens it and jumps onto the side. "This is why flying is better." I say. "Crawling is cooling. It's like having The opposite of butter fingers." He says. "Dude flying is so much cool." I float upside down and flip around. "You can do things like this!" I say as he walks down. "Well when you get tired. You'll fall and get hurt. When I'm tired, I still stick to the wall so ha!" I struggle to get a counter argument. "Fine. But flying is still cool!" I say.

Suddenly there are cheers as the crowd sees us. I wave, "hi, I'm not dead. For the most part." I say. Peter snorts. "What happened in there? Are the avengers treating you well? How are you healing?!" Questions cane racing at us. "I'm mostly fine. Casper here got most the injured." Peter says. " Im good, I luckily had professional medical help this time." I said, "didn't get that at amity." "What's with the pjs." "My current suit is toast. Yea I'm not wearing that." "I told you they would question it." Peter says. "Shush. Anyway can we go now? I wanna watch you kick Clint's butt at mariocart." I say. He sighs, and slightly confused laughter came from the crowds. "How long are you going to be staying with the avengers?" A guy asks. I grab the soft fabric of my pj pants and show the bright red cast. "Until my leg heals enough to take of this cast." I say. The crowd gasps. I shrug, "I mean I can float, But not with my secret identity." I kinda say the last part to myself. "Then use the crutches tony gave you." Peter says. "Hey yo Charlottes web might I remind I can freaking fly! I don't need them, there difficult, and it's easier to float."

"You can't float when we go back to school." I frown at his saying. "Now is not the time to talk about that hellhole." I say, "And definitely not in front of them. Secret identities remember." "Your one to talk. Your wearing pjs! I'm actually hiding my face." He says, "what a minute. Are those the pjs Ember have you?" He says, slightly laughing. "Yea? So what. I don't see you wearing the phantom ones she gave you." I say smugly. Knowing that the public now knows we have matching pjs with our superhero logos on them. He rolls his eyes. "Because It's one in the afternoon." "You think I'm going to fit jeans over this thing?" "Well.... no?" "Exactly. No amount of superpowers will help with that-" "Expect superhealing." He interups. I flip back up from floating upside down and think for a bit. I frown,

"I hate it when your right. I'm going back up. See y'all later." I fly back up.

(Peters pov)

"Wow I can feel the brotherly love. Since frosty the ghost went up to sulk. Any questions?" "WHO ARE YOU!" I frown. "Expect that." "HAVE MY CHILDREN."

"I'm just going to go now."

I climb up the tower and go in through the window. "I'm never asking a crowd for questions again." I say in response to Tony's look, causing it to be even more confused.