5. !BANG!

•Wyatt's POV •

We broke apart at the sudden noise. Shit. So close. No one came so I guess it was a locker in the distance.

"We should go. If we get caught we'll be on BETA suspension." Y/N said. I didn't want to go. I could stay there with her.

"We just met yesterday."

"What?"

I hadn't realized that I said that aloud. "We met yesterday. I don't want to rush things but...I like you..."

She laughed at me. Laughing? The fuck?
"I'm guessing, because of what just happened. But you're right. And I like you too. So, let's not start anything right now, that's fine. However, that loud noise startled me and it would be a shame if no one held my hand for assurance." She said, smirking.

I shook my head and smiled before taking her hand in mine. Her soft ones on my rough ones, callused from constant video games. She looked up at me and I told myself to capture that smile. I took it as a memory to fix my darkest moments.

"Click!" I said like a camera while squeezing her hand.

"Ummm okay?"

Since lunch was almost out, we decided to go ahead and go to our class on the other side of the school. We went to the dance place so we walked in comfortable silence until I heard Y/N humming along to a song I barely recognized.

I was in a good mood so I randomly spun her around and started singing. Problem was that I'm not that good at it.

"We all live in a yellow SuBmArInE!!" I belted out horribly.

"Jesus Crust, Wyatt. My ears hurt."

"Sorry." I'm not sorry.

"It's still better than country."

"All Texans are triggered right now." I joked. I did agree, though. My voice was BeAuTiFuL.

As we got closer to the classroom a short girl with jet black hair ran up to us. "Y/N, where the fuck were you??" She looked at our hands. "Oh. OOOH "

Y/N quickly let go and looked away from me. Well ouch.

Your Pov

I let go of Wyatt's hand quickly. I honestly didn't want to, but I knew Serena would give me hell afterwards and I'm not good at feelings and stuff. She'd think we were together and I really wanted to take my time. After what happened before, I really was scared. His hand holding mine made me feel safe.

"Ya know, I'll see you at BETA, I guess. I should get in class." Wyatt said. I must've actually hurt him. I felt so bad about it.

I looked at him sadly, not knowing how to fix it. "Okay..."

He walked away and I turned to Serena. "What do you want?" I was pissed that I hurt Wyatt because of how she acts.

"Nothing. I'm just gonna go." She said before running off to her class.

Well, that was all for nothing.

••••

When I walked in the classroom, I didn't sit by Wyatt. I felt like if I did, then he would ignore me anyway.

The rest of my classes went by silent like that. Just silence. No smiles, no hand holding, no talking. Nothing. Honestly, I missed him like hell.

Why do I like someone I just met? I mean the short time has been good but is it too early? Is that the problem? Does he even really want me or is he just bored?

• Wyatt's POV •

Why do I like someone I just met? I mean the short time has been good but is it too early? Is that the problem? Does she even really want me or is she just bored?

Y/N didn't sit with me when she went in the classroom. I felt like I overreacted but at the same time it hurt. It was like we had a great moment and she dropped it the second someone saw. Was I an embarrassment? She had just joined the nerd club. I shouldn't have trusted her to be different.... But why would I miss her so much?

• Your POV •

Why do miss him so much?

It was time to go to BETA. I honestly wasn't ready. I didn't want to face Wyatt while he was still mad at me. I wanted it to stop but I wasn't good at apologies.

•••

The meeting was silent. Well, silent to me. Wyatt didn't talk to me and he looked even more hurt than before. How could it get worse? But no one else noticed. They just went on happily.

"Hey Y/N what do you do at home?" Finn said.

"Sleep."

"Like last night when you never replied in the group chat?" Jack popped in.

"Did it really matter?"

"What does that mean?" Gaten asked.

"You're a tight little group. You most likely made a second group chat just to talk about me. Everything I said would've been analyzed on the second." I knew a few things about groups like this.

"So, you've had a group of friends like us before." Jaeden said. It wasn't much of a question. More like an observation.

"Yeah. It just kinda fell apart."

Everyone just looked at me for a second before going to other things. Our conversation was over.

• Wyatt POV •

The guys seemed to really like Y/N. More than me, of course. My worry was that one of them would start to like her. I just wouldn't tell why I cared. Why do I care? Beats me.

After a while, I got tired of being alone. I actually wanted someone around. It wasn't normal at all. Especially since the person I wanted around was the girl I'd pushed away earlier.

I couldn't stop watching her. The way she smiled or laughed. Her touching her hair without thinking. She was beautiful. Why was I even mad at her? She didn't deserve it. We said wed take things slow. No wonder she didn't want everyone to see us holding hands.

I was so dumb

• Your POV •

I was so dumb.

Who cares if someone saw us? It wasn't their business anyway. I hurt Wyatt for nothing.

•••

When it was time to go, Wyatt was out of the door first. He didn't even say goodbye to anyone. I remembered what happened earlier. He couldn't go home to Jonah.

"Wyatt!" I said when it was just us in the hallway. We were only a few feet away from each other.

"What?" He turned around to me and he looked how I felt. Confused and hurt.

I moved so I was closer and we were face to face. "Please come home with me."

"Why?"

• Wyatt's POV •

Why would she still want me to go with her? I ignored her half of the day.

She looked to me with the most caring eyes I'd ever seen and I forgot why I was ever mad. "I don't want you hurt. Wyatt. Please?"

How could I say no? Did I even want to? No, I didn't.

I pulled her in close to me. "It's okay, baby. I'll be fine. I'll come home with you if it makes you feel better." Did I just call her baby? Why? Better yet, why'd it feel right?

She snuggled into me before her phone buzzed, ruining the moment.

"My aunt's outside. Let's go." She said sweetly before grabbing my hand. Oh boy. This should be interesting.

Finally updated. Boom