20. Plans were made

It was cold and creepy at the local park under the dim street lights. I was say on a bench looking up at the slightly taller person in front of me wondering why the hell he forced me to sneak out so late at night.

  Maybe he wanted to talk about how I was the only one that knew what he did that day. Maybe he wanted to make sure I would never tell anyone. Just in case, I made sure I stayed in a place I could easily escape.

  "You aren't discreet about getting ready to run away," Jonah said to me.

  "I'm not really trying to be. I don't trust you." I had decided blunt and strong was the look I was attempting to pull off.

  Jonah only chuckled in response. "I'm not here for trouble. I'm here to make a plan." He stated cooly while putting his hands in his pockets.

  "A plan for what? You already know that me going to the school about what you did would only make more problems so I'm not going to do that."

He looked oddly taken aback for a minute. "What I did?'

  I was confused as to why he would call me out here for anything but the events of that day. Or why he would pretend he didn't know what I was talking about if that was the reason.

"What happened to Y/N. I was there. I know it was you." I didn't want any beating around the bush about the situation.

  He looked down and shook his head, looking annoyed and ashamed.

"If you were really there, Wyatt, you wouldn't say it was me. I didn't touch her she just fell over and I ran. I had an aquaintance steal the tape from school and they found a doctor's note saying she just had a nosebleed from really cold weather and she hadn't been sleeping right. I'm not that evil."

"I don't believe you. Why would you run like a coward if it wasn't your fault? You're just a liar!" His excuses pissed me off.

"I ran because I am a coward. Getting too close to her can get me hurt worse than you. He wouldn't physically hurt you again. I can't say the same."

  I was confused for a second before I completely grasped who he was.

  "He...he hits you?"

  A pained expression crossed Jonah's face before he talked again, sounding more strained than previously. "Not regularly, but he's made many threats lately and proved he'll go through with them. Nothing's been happening lately that he can control. He's getting bored and that's bad for me."

Why would I trust him? It could all be a trick set up by my father.

While I thought about what to say next, Jonah raised his shirt up a bit to show a dark purple bruise on his stomach about the size of a fist. My father's fist.

"I don't want this anymore, Wyatt. I don't want to hurt her or you. I don't want him to hurt me. I didn't realize how messed up he really was in the beginning. He's a control maniac and everyone is too scared to stop him. I want it to end."

  "How do I know this isn't a trick?" I asked.

  "I don't have any other proof so you don't. But this whole thing is a chance to make everyone safe again so you have to trust me."

  Finally making my decision, I nodded my head. He dropped his shirt and sat next to me.

  After that, plans were made.