Chapter Eight: The Mind Flayer

*Skipping chapter seven because that episode is all about Eleven and chapter eight picks up where chapter six finishes*

I have Mike pinned by his shoulders against the wall with Bob by my side and the guards still standing at the door when an alarm goes off through the lab.

"What the hell?" Bob asks looking towards the flashing light on the brim of the wall and the ceiling

"We're too late" Mike says to me as I loosen my grip on his shoulders

"What?"

"We're too late!" Mike screams, grabs my arm and runs down to Wills room

"What's going on?" Joyce jumps out of her chair and looks at Mike, Bob and I

"We're under attack"

"We need to make Will sleep" Mike pulls out a needle

"What?" Joyce asks from beside Will

"He's a spy" Mike tells her. Joyce looks over to me for some more clarification.

"If he knows where we are, so does the shadow monster"

"They're lying!" Will yells out

"He killed those soldiers, he'll kill us, too!" Mike yells back

"He's lying! He's lying!" Will screams and struggles against his mothers tight grip on him

In the distance we here a gun shot fire that catch out attention.

"Those are gunshots!" Bob calls out

"He's lying! He's lying!"

"Okay, Will, Will, listen, listen. Do you know who I am? Do you know who I am?" Joyce asks Will as he sits up from his bed.
We wait a moment for his reply.

"You're - You're - You're Mom"

Joyce looks at Will one last time then over to Bob "Hold him down"

"No! No! Let go! No! No! Let me go! Let go! - No, let me go!" Will screams and squirms in Bobs grip as Joyce walks over, grabs the needle and injections the liquid into Wills veins.
Mike turns around to face me so his back is facing Will and he covers his ears. I place my hands in the middle of Mikes back in a hug and look over his shoulder at Will, Joyce and Bob.

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm so sorry"

"Let me go! No! Let go! Let me go! Let me go!" Will starts to calm down and his eyes slowly shut.
I give Mike a nod to know that is was over and that he can remove his hands from over his ears.

Hopper then suddenly bursts through the door with Will's doctor behind him. Hopper turns around to the sound of the double doors breaking down the hall.

"We gotta go. We gotta go. Come on!" Hopper picks up Will and we all move from that room.

With Mike close by my side we turn left and go down the hallway in the opposite direction. We watch at the end of the hallway as a woman gets thrown across the room, we turn to face the other way and see a guard shooting at someone or something.