4 - Such Beautiful Boys

Areum's POV

Putting on my pristine white cap, I grinned cheekily at my own reflection while looking at the full length mirror. Needless to say, I was extremely satisfied with my outfit today which included an oversized grey hoodie, a pair of black heat-tech leggings, a pair of mainstream Adidas sneakers and a white cap with my hair tied into two pigtails at each side of head.

And of course, my loose pair of glasses that desperately needed to be changed.

"Good. You look very Go Areum." I winked at my own reflection, and laughed at my own silly actions. "What the heck, Go Areum, you dress like this almost every single day!"

Feeling giddy, I got out of my small apartment with my old but still good-in-shape backpack on my back. My first lesson of the day would start in around two hours, so I had plenty of time to wander around like the loner I was.

"Mhm, I feel like getting a sugar-coated donut and a warm cup of hot chocolate." I muttered to myself as I headed towards the bus stop that was packed with a few high school students.

"Annyeong eonni!" Jieun, one of the highschoolers that I knew greeted me when I reached the bus stop.

"Annyeong Jieun-ah." I grinned and raised my eyebrows at her notebook that was sitting on her lap. "Ooh, are you guys having exams real soon?"

"Yeah." She replied sullenly. "I wish I can be like you, eonni. You look so carefree."

I snorted at her comment. "Girl, take back that wish of yours because you're gonna regret saying that when you're my age. It sucks to not be a highschooler anymore, trust me." Jieun and her friends giggled at my answer while I just smiled at their youthfulness.

Ah, I wish I could turn back time.

"The bus is here!" One of Jieun's friend shouted while pointing at my direction, so we all turned our heads in sync. True to her words, the bus was indeed here.

After getting into the bus, I plugged in my earphones and put my playlist on random, hoping that my phone would surprise me with one of my favourite songs, and it did. 'Lost Stars' by Adam Levine was being played on my phone.

I hummed happily along with the song with my eyes shut closed, totally engrossed with my own world. The chorus was about to start when someone tapped my shoulder, and I didn't think twice before growling at whoever had done so.

"Woah, sorry for scaring you." Jungkook looked genuinely shocked, but I just stared back at him blankly with one of my earphones dangling on my shoulder.

"You just ruined my day. Go away." I attempted to ignore him by plugging in my earphones again but he had beaten me to it by snatching the earphone and plugging it into his left ear while sitting next to me.

"Ya!" I exclaimed, annoyed by his actions.

"Shhh, let's just listen to the music in silence okay?" He hushed me, and grinned when I slumped my shoulders against the seat in defeat.

It took around another five minutes for the bus to stop in front of Jieun and her friends' school, and I bid them goodbye when they left the bus.

"Eonni! Your boyfriend is really handsome!" She giggled before running away, leaving me baffled at her words.

"He's not my boyfriend!" I shouted back, but she was already out of the bus, chasing her friends towards the school.

"Boyfriend?" Jungkook quirked his eyebrows while nudging me nonstop, but halted when I shot him death glares.

"Don't even think what you're thinking right now, Jeon Jungkook." I hissed, and ignored him while pushing my glasses up as it kept sliding down.

"You look cute whenever you push your glasses." He randomly commented, but I wasn't fazed by his sweet talk.