22 - Wrapped Around Her Fingers

Jungkook's POV

I waited anxiously for Yejin's arrival at the café we had promised to meet. Jimin was sitting across me, with Areum by my side. The fact that she had never let go of my hand made me giddy, but I had to be serious about what was going on and not getting distracted by other things.

"Yejin!" My breath hitched briefly when Areum called her name while waving her hand at the entrance of the café.

Yejin was standing there, her shoulders length hair tied in a low ponytail, her face looking a little distressed. Jimin got up from his seat and went to her side before guiding her to our table, and sat opposite Areum, next to Jimin.

"Annyeong." Yejin greeted with a small smile before looking at me.

"This is Jungkook, my-" Areum stopped talking and glanced at me, a blush evidently forming on her cheeks. "- boyfriend."

I nearly died of happiness right there, but like I said, I couldn't let anything else distract me.

"Annyeonghaseyo." I greeted politely while bowing my head a little towards Yejin.

"Jungkook wanted to meet you so badly, saying that he needs to know about our friend. Or should I say, Areum's friend." Jimin cursed under his breath when I kicked his shin under the table.

"I know you," Yejin started with an unreadable look on her face as she glanced towards me. "you're notorious for being a playboy in our university."

"Was." I corrected her. "Areum is the one and only girl in my life right now." I grinned when Areum hid her face behind her palms after letting go off my hand.

"How cheesy. You better treat her right." Yejin boldly spoke.

"Yejin!" Areum panicked.

"Of course." I said while patting Areum's shoulder, calming her down.

"Why do you sound so bossy lately?" Jimin directed the question at the girl sitting next to him who returned him a small smile.

"I'm bossy over my friends I care a lot about." From her stares, I knew that she was daring Jimin to say something else that would oppose what she had said.

Phew, what a scary girl.

"You know that I'm happy right now, Yejin-ah." Areum smiled while putting her hands over her friend's.

"Yeah, Jimin told me." Yejin gave her a weak smile before turning towards Jimin who was staring at her like a statue.

What's wrong with this hyung?

"Stop staring at me, byuntae (pervert)." Yejin lightly whacked Jimin's arm, breaking his trance.

"Why are you so violent towards me?" He complained, his hands rubbing the sore spot on his arm.

"Jimin, oppa, can I talk to you for a minute?" I looked at my hyung who was gaping at her with his mouth ajar.

From what I knew, both Areum and Yejin never address Jimin as oppa before.

"Go along. Don't take too long." Areum dismissed them when Jimin looked at her, as if asking for permission.

The two went outside the café and started to talk, and I realized how fearless the girl looked as she spoke with her arms crossed.

"I still can't believe that Yejin wants Jimin to stay away from us." Areum whispered into my ears before leaning her head on my shoulder.

"I'm sorry to say this but your friend is really suspicious."

"Jungkook." Areum tugged the sleeves of my denim jacket, making me look down at her. Her eyes darted towards where my hyung and her friend was at before glancing back up at me. "I think I have to tell you this."

"Tell me what?" I was afraid for what I was about to hear.

"I think Yejin is Jimin's soulmate."

I broke into a coughing fit upon hearing that. Areum had to pat my back with force to stop me from coughing any longer. The waiter even got me a cup of water to soothe my throat.

The water in my mouth nearly spit out at the sight I was witnessing next. Areum's eyes followed mine and she gasped in horror.

Jimin hyung was kissing Yejin.

Or should I say, she was kissing him?

"Oh my goodness." Areum exasperated.

"I think you're right, Areum."

Everything just became way more complicated.

Back at the pack house, I noticed how uneasy Jimin was when either Areum and I were around him. I got to praise my girl for doing fantastically at her job, since she kept telling Jimin that it was okay for him to be with Yejin, congratulating them.

The truth was, everything was not okay.

I sent Areum to bring Jimin out to 'clear his mind', as what she had put it, and quickly gathered the rest of the hyungs together in the living room.

"Why is Jiminnie acting so weirdly?" Hoseok questioned while opening a bag of chips.

"I've noticed it too. Kookie, what happened in the afternoon?" The guys turned at me at Namjoon's words.

I looked at them with my lips pursed. "Yejin is Jimin hyung's mate."

Everyone stopped what they were doing at my revelation. Hoseok stopped munching on his chips, Seokjin paused his Mario Kart, Namjoon put down his book, Taehyung paused his video game, and even Yoongi who was taking a nap woke up.

"Both Areum and I saw them kiss." I added.

"And yet we were suspecting that chick openly right in front of Jimin." Taehyung said and left his mouth opened wide.

"He must be really upset at us." I nodded at Hoseok's words.

"However, Yejin is still on the top of our list. Something's off about her, I just know it." I growled lowly.

"We must be careful around Jimin then." Seokjin proposed.

"Kookie, here's what I think. Let's say, if Yejin knows what we are, and knows that she's Jimin's mate, she would be able to manipulate him with him totally wrapped around her fingers. You know how stupid we werewolves can be for the love of our lives." Namjoon said while looking at me with his glasses perched on top of his nose, making him looking like an intellectual.

Would I risk my life for Areum?

Absolutely yes, that's a given.

"Jimin must be torn between both sides, poor mochi." Hoseok sighed.

"And Jimin won't be able to choose which side to stand if she is our enemy." Taehyung added.

"Didn't Jimin mention that that Yejin chick have asked him to run away with her? Maybe she does truly love him." Yoongi yawned.

"Why is this getting more and more complicated?!"

"Let's just go along with the flow for now." I said, my index fingers massaging my temples as a headache was finding its way to haunt me.

Poor Jimin, have you realized what you're caught between now?

-

Does anyone listen to DAY6?