28 - The Ultimate Fight

Areum's POV

Namjoon decided that we should both spend the time while waiting for the others by playing board games.

"Ha! You lost again!" He did some weird dance when my token reached a snake on the board, and I groaned when the snake led my token back to the starting point.

"You're gonna be the next one to lose, oppa." I retorted and prayed that he would get a number that would make him stop at the box with a snake in it when he rolled the die. I screamed in joy when he landed on a snake, just like how I had wished for it to be.

"Damn it." He exasperated and put both of the die onto my outstretched palm.

I was about to throw the die when we heard the window from the kitchen crash, causing Namjoon to immediately push me behind him, protecting me as we stood up. Hurried footsteps were then heard approaching where we both were at, and it revealed three men covered in masks, each with a sword clutched tightly in each of their hands.

"Do you still remember what I have told you to do?" Namjoon whispered, and I nodded. "Good, run when I tell you to."

I swallowed my saliva as I waited for Namjoon's command.

"NOW!" He shouted and I zoomed past the three figures who were stunned by the sudden movement. From the corner of my eyes, I saw Namjoon shifting into his wolf as he ran, and pounced onto the intruders.

Following what he had told me to do, I ran towards the basement as fast as I could, and searched for the 'cupboard stacked with books' when I reached the destination. There was a huge bookrack placed on the right side of the basement, and judging from the simple and minimalist design of the room, with various paintings and photographs hung on the wall, I knew that this side of the basement belonged to Taehyung.

My eyes scanned for a book entitled 'Wings', and instantly pulled the book forward. A series of mechanical sound of gears shifting erupted as the bookrack separated into two, revealing a room filled with guns and other deadly weapons lined neatly on all three sides of the wall.

"Load the silver bullets into the pistol next to them." I recalled what Namjoon instructed, and went to the mentioned weapons placed on top of a rack.

I flinched physically when a cry echoed throughout the house and into my ears. Knowing that I was running out of time, with a speed as quick as I could muster, I loaded the shiny bullets into the gun and ran upstairs after closing the secret room.

"I want you to aim properly and shoot this at our enemy if I fail to defend both of us. Can you do it?"

I glanced at him in disbelief. "You want me to kill someone?!"

"I need you to be strong to save us. So please, pull the trigger when the time is right."

"Oppa!" I cried when I saw one of the intruders hold his dagger dangerously near his throat, a smirk plastered on his bloody face. The other two were knocked out, both lying quietly on the floor, in pools of bright red blood.

The black wolf held in the enemy's grasp wailed when he pressed the dagger deeper towards it's throat.

"Let him go." I warned, my shivering hands raising the gun and aiming at the guy's forehead.

"You're trembling, girl. You really think you can kill me?" He mocked, the wicked grin never wiped off his face.

I pressed on the trigger a little, hoping to scare him. "I said. Let. Him. Go."

"Try me." He retorted, and I decided that that was the last straw.

Careful not to hurt Namjoon, I aimed the guy's forehead properly with an eye closed, and then shot.