21 - He's Got No Jams

Areum's POV

Switching off my alarm, I hurriedly wash my face and brush my teeth before heading downstairs towards the kitchen to prepare breakfast for the boys. The three boys in the house were still sleeping soundly, as it was only five a.m in the morning.

Looking out at the window, I noticed that the moon was soon going to be a fullmoon. According to my research and the novels I read-

Don't werewolves shift into wolves during the fullmoon?

Pushing the thought away, I shivered when a gust of cold wind caressed my face the second I opened the refrigerator door. I took out an abundance of eggs, and bacon from the freezer before shutting the door close.

I had decided to make the boys scrambled eggs and bacon, with hashbrowns and french toasts for breakfast. I noticed that they eat a lot of meat, so I made sure to prepare lots of them for the hungry werewolves living in the house.

It was around seven in the morning when the sound of someone unlocking the front door travelled into my ear. Terrified, I held up an unused pan and crept towards the entrance of the kitchen.

"Jungkook!" I sighed in relief when I saw him and the other boys glancing down at me in amusement.

"What were you planning to do with this pan?" Jungkook teased while snatching the pan away from my hand.

"To whack the intruder, duh." I deadpanned while returning back to my work station.

"Wow, did you prepare all these by yourself?" Seokjin grinned at the food displayed nicely on the dining table, each with a smiley face made by ketchup topped on the bread.

I smiled sheepishly.

"I'll go wake the boys up." I said while removing my apron, but got pulled back by Jungkook who was pouting at me. "Don't give me that look."

"Aish, you two lovebirds make me sick." Namjoon blurted before running upstairs along with the other two boys who were chuckling along with him.

Sounds of doors being slammed open reverberated in the house.

"I have missed you." Jungkook hugged me while resting his chin on the crown of my head.

"I smell like oil, so no hugging." I pushed him away but to no avail. He was stronger, so I gave up and let him embrace me.

"I would still hug you even if you smell like trash." He laughed when I whacked his chest.

"I have to shower, Jeon. You too." I dragged him out of the kitchen and pushed him upstairs.

"You want to shower together?" He teased, and sprinted upstairs while cackling a laugh when I threw my slippers at him.

After cleaning the kitchen, I went back to my room and took a quick shower while washing my hair. I didn't like to smell oily as it would make me puke. After throwing on a sweatshirt and a pair of sweatpants, I took out my hairdryer and started to blow dry my hair while sitting in front of the dresser.

I scrunched my eyebrows together when I glanced at my reflection. My hair was like a lion's mane, and my lips were slightly chapped due to the cold weather and they were kinda pale. Applying tinted lipbalm onto my lips, I smiled in satisfaction for not looking like a walking dead.

"You have really beautiful hair." Someone suddenly said, making me jump in the room.

I turned around and beamed cheekily at Jungkook who was leaning on the doorframe with his arms crossed. "Your hair is prettier than mine, please."

"True that." He ruffled his dark hair before walking towards me. Putting his hands on my shoulders and his chin on my head, we glanced at our reflection together. "But, you still look way prettier than the stars in the sky."

"Stop being cheesy." I rolled my eyes and pushed him away.

Jungkook chuckled and jogged to my side, and intertwined our fingers together with a goofy smile on his handsome face. I smiled back at him, and held onto his hand tighter as we went downstairs.

"Areum! You cook better than Seokjin hyung!" Hoseok shouted the moment I stepped into the dining area.

"Don't be silly, Seokjin oppa's cooking skills are no joke." I gave a high five to Seokjin and he started to fire back at Hoseok who bickered along with him.

I sat down next to Taehyung and Jungkook sat on the other side. The clingy boy was still holding onto my hand tightly like a kid.

"Thank you for cooking us breakfast, Areum." Namjoon said and I simply nodded with a smile.

"How come you guys never thank me for cooking you food for the past years?" Seokjin complained, and another round of bickering started between the boys.

"Areum, you and Jiminnie are friends with a girl named Yejin right?" Yoongi questioned, and I nodded my head slowly.

"Why?"

"We just want to know more about your friends. We know Jimin since young so he's no fun."

"He's got no jams." Namjoon added and Jimin instantly whined.

I laughed. "Well, I became friends with Yejin on the first day I've met her. She was much quieter back then, unlike the girl I know now. She's almost like the girl version of Jimin. Caring but crazy."

"I'm not crazy! Yejin's the crazy one. She bullies me a lot, hyung." Jimin whimpered.

"Jimin getting bullied by a girl? She sounds interesting." Seokjin chimed.

"It's been quite some time since I last saw her though." I tapped my chin as I tried to recall the last time I saw her.

"She pulled Jimin hyung away, remember?" Jungkook enlightened me, and I nodded.

"See, she's the crazy one. Not me." Jimin spoke after swallowing his food. "She even mentioned something about being with Areum is dangerous. What crap."

I couldn't believe my ears. "She said what?"

Jimin must had realized that he had said the wrong thing. He glanced at me with huge eyes, and I motioned him to keep speaking.

"Um-" He stammered, "I didn't tell you guys this since it doesn't really make sense. But on that day when Areum got kidnapped, Yejin had blurted a lot of weird things to me."

"Like what?" I felt Jungkook tightening our hands together as he spoke.

"She told me to stay away from Areum and you, Kookie. And she even told me to run away with her. I told her that she was out of her mind but she insisted that she was not. I didn't hear more from her when I heard students yelling about Areum."

Silence engulfed us in an instant.

"Jimin hyung, you should have told us this in the first place." Jungkook said quietly before looking up at his hyungs who nodded their heads at him.

"Do you know where Yejin is at right now?" Yoongi directed the question at Jimin who looked so confused at the situation.

"Yeah?"

"We need a plan then."

-

My classes ended for the day :') i honestly can't wait for the weekend to arrive cause im dying of stress and responsibilities

Rmb to vote and comment if you like this story!!