12 - Bruises and Cuts

Taehyung's POV

"Shit hyung, Kookie's gonna kill us if something happens to Areum." I cursed as we parked our bikes at Areum's university.

"I know, and I'm going to kill Jimin for leaving her alone!" Hoseok growled, and without anymore delay, we sniffed the air to detect her scent as we ran.

"They're so handsome!" I heard some girls shout when we passed by them.

Hmph, clueless girls.

"Leave them alone, Tae. Our mission is to find Areum now." Hoseok placed a hand on my shoulder and gave it a squeeze.

Sighing, I sniffed the air again and finally detected Areum's unmistakable scent. And by Hoseok's looks, he was thinking the same thing as me.

"There." I pointed at a five stories building as we dashed towards the entrance of it.

"Shit, why is her scent mixed with another human's scent?" Hoseok exasperated as we climbed up the stairs with incredible speed, startling the mundane humans who was witnessing everything.

"Not only a human, hyung. She's with two other werewolves." I growled angrily and sprinted with Hoseok towards the other emergency staircase on the end of the building.

We whooshed past students who were shouting and screaming about some Minho guy getting kidnapped with a girl, and it didn't take me another second to figure out that the girl was none other than Areum.

"They're heading down the stairs, Tae!" Hoseok cried when we flung the heavy door open, and heavy footsteps were echoing from the below. With a nod at each other, we both jumped from the fifth floor towards where Areum was at with the kidnappers, successfully making them stop running.

"Who are you?!" I shouted angrily at the two men both dressed in similar outfit - a black hoodie and pants, along with black masks to cover their noses and mouths. Two figures were hanging over their shoulders, so I knew to not upset them or else.

"Tae, stay calm." Hoseok rested his hand on my shoulder, and I took in a deep breath before choking.

"You guys smell like dirt." I insulted with a smirk, making the both of them growl weakly.

"Get out of our way, Kim Taehyung and Jung Hoseok." One of them spoke with a deep voice.

"Why are you kidnapping these innocent human beings? Who sent you here?" Hoseok asked them, despite knowing the answer.

The kidnappers snarled, and it was safe to say that they were getting on my nerves.

"It's none of your business, elites." Another said, and that was when I knew, they were both rogues.

"Leave them alone and fight us." I suggested, hoping they would buy it.

"Are you crazy? Our mission is to kidnap this girl and bring her back to our lair! Why would-"

Both Hoseok and I grinned maliciously at the revelation of their job.

"Are you dumb?! Why would you tell them about our secret?!" Another scolded the one who had just spilled their secret to us.

"They're looking down on us, hyung!" He retorted.

Hoseok and I watched them bicker in amusement for another two minutes to the extent where I couldn't take it anymore.

"I would like to watch you two quarrel but, you guys suck." I said matter-of-factly before punching one of them right on the nose, and smiled when I heard a bone crack.

"What the-"

I didn't let the other one finish his sentence as I already threw another punch towards his face, cracking his jaw. "You too! You guys are wasting my time!"

The first one stood up from the ground after throwing Areum onto the floor carelessly, and it made me mad.

Like, real mad.

"You bastard!" I cried, and the guy instantly got blew off onto the wall with a strong kick onto his abdomen, cracking his ribs. The thing was, it wasn't me who had kicked him, it was Hoseok.

"How dare you throw Areum onto the floor like that?!" He bellowed, and it was enough to make the both of them whimper like injured puppies. "Leave!"

It didn't take them another second to run away with bruises and cuts forming on them. It was okay, they would heal in no time.

After ensuring that their scents were gone, Hoseok and I immediately approached the two figures lying quietly on the floor. I crouched down and lightly tapped Areum's cheeks. Her glasses had a crack on it, and other than that, she was unhurt.

"Who's this guy?" Hoseok asked while poking at the other human who was lying on the floor with his mouth slightly opened.

"No idea but it seems that he's pretty famous. I heard some students shouting about him getting kidnapped earlier." I said while scanning his face, and thought that he was pretty good-looking for a normal human guy.

But of course, I was still more handsome than him.

"You'll carry Areum?" Hoseok asked, and I nodded while lifting Areum up in a bridal style. She was so light and petite. I chuckled when I heard Hoseok grumble something about the guy's weight as he struggled to lift him up.

After leaving the unknown human guy at the hallway who was instantly surrounded by a melee of students, we left the building, with Areum still unconscious in my arms.

"Why is she still not awake?" I questioned, sincerely worried about her.

"Those two rogues probably drugged her or something. Let's just take her back to the pack house." Hoseok cracked his knuckles when he mentioned about the two werewolves we met just now. "Where's Jimin? He's so dead."

And as if just on cue, his voice and scent appeared from the behind. "Hyung!"

We whirled around in unison, with me mouthing to him that he was dead meat while glancing at Hoseok from the side.

"PARK JIMIN!" Hoseok roared as he charged towards my same age friend and gave him a headlock while ruffling his hair roughly. "How dare you leave Areum alone! Jungkook will kill you if something bad happens to Areum, which nearly did."

Escaping from Hoseok's grasp, Jimin ran towards my side to inspect Areum. "Oh my God. This is all my fault. What happened?"

"Two rogues were here, attempting to kidnap Areum." I explained, and raised an eyebrow at Jimin who growled angrily. "Where were you anyways? Didn't we remind you to not leave Areum alone at all times?"

"I got dragged away by Yejin-"

"Who's Ye Jin?" Hoseok asked, and I nodded my head.

"A friend of ours. She pulled me away all of a sudden, and then started to drill me about bullying Areum, which she normally didn't care. It was until we heard some students yelling about Minho sunbae getting kidnapped along with a girl in specs- and that was when I left her and came here after finding out that you guys were here."

I eyed him warily. "Weird."

"Why is she not waking up?" Jimin asked with furrowed eyebrows, his fingers gently caressing Areum's head.

"I don't know. We're bringing her back to the pack house. You ditching class?"

Jimin shrugged nonchalantly and nodded.

And we left.

-

How are you finding the plot tbh? Feel free to tell me :)

Rmb to vote and comment if you like this story!! ^^