14 - Toothbrushes and Pancakes

Jungkook's POV

I woke up by the sound of someone giggling and whispering. Groggily, I opened my eyes and frowned when I saw Jimin and Taehyung giggling in front of my bed.

"Why are you guys laughing?" I asked while sitting up, feeling more insecure when they started to laugh while rolling on the floor.

That was when I realized that I wasn't alone on my bed, as a petite figure, dressed in an oversized sweater stirring next to me while mumbling something I couldn't understand.

"Areum?" I questioned with my eyes opened to the size of saucepans, and my voice seemed to had made her jolt awake.

"Jungkook?" She questioned back, and instantly sat up next to me, mimicking my expression.

"You guys spent the night together, how cute." Taehyung cooed, and I immediately blushed at his statement.

"Jiminnie! Tae! Stop teasing the both of them and get down here now!" Seokjin's voice reverberated from the downstairs, and the same aged hyungs instantly ran down when the smell of pancakes wafted into my nostrils.

"Um-" Areum awkwardly stuttered while tugging the sleeves of my tee. "Why are we sleeping on the same bed?"

"I guess we fell asleep last night, when you were comforting me." I was sure that my face was as red as overly-ripen tomatoes, but if that was what it takes for me to see a sleepy Areum next to me everyday I wake up, I didn't mind doing that. Chuckling, I pinched her cheeks. "You look cute with messy hair and without my glasses."

She swatted my hands away. "Don't touch me. I need a toothbrush!" She exclaimed while hopping off the bed.

"I have an extra one in that drawer." I pointed towards the drawer next to my rows of clothes, and raised my eyebrows at her when she threw me a weird look. "What?"

"Why do you have extra toothbrush?" She smirked, and I instantly knew where she was going with the topic. "You still expecting guests?"

"Seokjin hyung requires us all to keep an extra toothbrush just in case our original ones go missing. What were you thinking, may I ask?" I grinned lopsidedly at her when she rummaged through the drawer I pointed at for the toothbrush.

"Where is it? I can't find it!" She complained, and sighing, I got up on my feet and went to help her.

"Close your eyes." I instructed her.

"Why?"

"Unless you want to see a display of my underwears, I suggest you to close your eyes."

I laughed when she immediately shut her eyes tightly with both her hands clamping over them.

"There." I passed her the toothbrush and pointed at the en-suite toilet.

After making sure that my bed was tidy and neat, I went to the washroom and resisted myself from smiling when I saw her brushing her teeth diligently in front of the mirror.

"You look cute brushing your teeth." I complimented while squeezing the toothpaste onto my own toothbrush, and started to brush my teeth behind her.

"Everyone brushes their teeth, Jeon." She replied with a moutful of toothpaste and bubbles, and I shot her a disgusted look.

"Rinse before you speak, Areum." I passed her a cup of water for her to gargle and she did.

Glancing at the mirror, I grinned innerly at the reflection of both Areum and I washing up together. My smile disappeared the moment I realized how girly I sounded.