Bar talk

Magnus POV

I sat at the tavern with some other soldiers, we drank, talked and sang, most of us drunk but still, we did it. Most people weren't around so we were nearly alone. The only person there was a man in a cloak, drinking. A soldier walked over to him and sat down next to the cloaked man. "Come on, cheer up, the drink is good and the war is over. It was a good war!" he said.

"A good war? War is never good, people die, families are destroyed, children grow up with out a father. You may be happy, but for all those who lost their lives to the fight, who will help the people left behind by them, mothers, fathers, sons and daughters, they remain, but lost someone loved by many, war....wars makes men into monsters, all in the name of a just cause." the man said. 

The room grew quiet as people began to listen to the man. "But what do I know, I'm just a man." He said, before paying and walking to the door. I stopped him and asked, "Sir, you bring up a lot of points. We can't bring back the dead, or help those who we don't know, so, what should we do?" I asked. 

"You need to look at what you do in your actions, what made you pull the trigger and why? Until you know the answer, I will not speak to you." the man said. He walked outside and disappeared into the night.

3 days later, at the bar, Amanda's Pov

I sat at the bar, drinking, trying to forget Dravock. A cloaked man sat down and got a drink. I saw his arm was covered in bandages. He drank from the mug that was brought to him. "Hello again." I said. "Hello to you too." he said. "So, who are you, people say your a regular, but never tell your name, always pay in old coins and never show your face." I said.

"I'm just a wanderer, seeing my days out, however many I have. In the days of my youth, I had liberty, but did not see it, I had time, but did not know it, I had love, but did not feel it. Many years passed before I knew what it was like to have all 3. Now, in my twilight years, I understand what they are. Time, love and liberty, one so disposable, now, they are what drives me forward in life." the man said. 

"So, you are seeking out what you love, and the freedom to see what is in the world, with how little time is left?" I asked. "You could say that, but now, I just require rest." he said. He walked out and to into the inn. 

"What a strange man." I said, looking into my drink, than at his stool, noticing a broken arrow head on the ground.