Chapter 8

'Dinner at the Way residence was a shambles-' I reach over and throw my pillow at whoever is in my room playing the news report for this morning. It's my dad standing there with the news playing loudly from his phone right by my ear. "Happy now?" My dad literally shouts at me. I just ignore him and start getting ready for school.

Grabbing a glass of water from the side in the bathroom that's down in the basement I walk back out, over to the bed to pour it over Bert's head. The whole time dad just follows me around. "WHOA WHAT THE FUCK WAS THAT FOR GERARD!?" Bert shouts, standing up.

"I need a ride to school, you alright with that?"

"Yeah of course, always. Couldn't you have just woke me up like a normal person?"

"Remember last time I did that?" Bert looks almost like he is about to cry.

"Yeah sorry about that black eye." Bert looks down from embarrassment. I cup his face in my hands and stare right into hiss eyes before talking again.

"Don't worry about it I'm fine now right? Now just ignore him standing over there like a lemon." laughing I point over my shoulder with my thumb.

"I am your father missy and you will treat me as such." I can literally hear his pointer finger pointing at me.

"What about Gerard?" Bert tears his gaze away from mine to produce the most angriest look ever.

"Bert I told you ignore him. He's not worth it." I take his face back into my hands again so we are looking in each other eyes.

"That's it. If Bert over there is so perfect you should go live with him instead of living here with us because I can't have you in this house anymore." Dad shouts sounding very angry.

"The papers that you care oh so much about that now you refuse to accept that I'm a boy will have a find day." Turning around to face him for the first time today. "How would you like it if I forced you into wearing a bra filled with fake boobs and told you to parade around in a skirt? Huh? Gone quite now have we? Well I don't blame you. Now if you'll so kindly leave your SON  has to go to school." 

Not another word was utter as he left the basement to go and complain to mum about me and my sassy ways. They think I need to be taught a lesson in manners but really they need to stop trying to make me into this perfect thing that I'm not as it's never going to work. It's like putting me in a box and saying you can never leave, I was put in it as a child and back then I fit inside it perfectly, now I'm grown up it doesn't fit perfectly anymore and to start with I could live in a box that I some-what fitted in but now I'm fully grown and can no longer sit in such a small box that they have put me into back when I was a kid. They don't understand that though. I doubt they ever will.

-

"Thanks for dropping us both off this morning."

"No problem. Now out you both get I have work to do." I just wave while Mikey ignores the two of us.

I see Bert's truck drive off into the distance that is until I see Frank walking round to our smoking spot, I say ours as I'm not giving it up for the world. As far as I'm concerned we both have a share in it, It sounds like we have a kid together or something. That is not happening. Get your head away from that thought Gerard. "Mikes I'm sorry for last night." I grab his arm before he can walk away from.

"Whatever Gee. I wouldn't have mined if you tried to be good, honestly Gerard what was so hard with doing as you were told for just one night?"

"Mikey I thought you understood me-"

"I did before I found out you and Bert are together-"

"MIKEY BERT IS STRIAGHT!" I feel bad now I didn't mean to get angry at him, I just can't stand it, everyone thinks Bert and I are a thing. He's just a great friend to me.

"OKAY WHATEVER GEE!" Mikey screams at me before stropping away from me in order to find the office to get his timetable.

"Mikey I'm sorry!" I shout after him. Fuck this I start running after him. Once I reach him I grab hold of him and won't let go, I even start to feel tears forming in my eyes.

"Gee let go of me." Shaking my head in response I cling on tighter to my little brother. "Gee I forgive you please could you let go I can't breathe."

"Oh right sorry about that bro. At least you forgive me for trashing last night's dinner. I'll make an apology on social media, maybe arrange to meet that kid or something?"

Mikes just smiles at me and nods his head. "Take me to the office." We both just laugh at that.

After taking Mikey to the office and his class, not that I knew where it was I've just been here few days longer than he has which means I have a vague understanding of where places are. I head to my class which just so happens to be chemistry. Knocking on the door I hear the teacher cough and shout "Come in" The door squeaks as it's pushed open and all eyes are on me immediately. it take it they all heard the news this morning as every set of eyes is looking at me and judging every move I'm making. All but one set, it's Frank's eyes that give the look of sympathy and worry that has my nerves say high.

"Hi sorry I'm late sir I was showing my brother Mikey to the office and then had to show him where his class was." Finishing off with a small smile that I'm hoping looks cute an innocent.

"So not hungover after last night's dinner party?" The male teacher I don't care to know the name of says.

"I-i wasn't drunk last night."

"That's not what the news reporters say."

"Whatever they said wasn't true. I was there as well. Don't I get a say in what they say about me? I was not drunk last night, nor was I high and you should respect that as it's your job not to judge or call out people during the middle of class in front of everyone. If you'd excuse me I'm leaving as I refuse to be in the same room as people who can't think or make an educated judgement on a matter they weren't even there for before getting the facts from all  that were there." With that I storm out of the classroom and head to the smoking spot.

I don't want to hear someone running after me in an effort to catch up to me, I'm too blurred by my tears to care and no one is going to see me cry.

As soon as I get to the spot all hell breaks lose and I take to social media to defend myself and my families name if I still want to go home tonight.