Chapter 11

'Mikey's first day at school get's off to a good start with Gee Way taking him away from a fight that started on the school grounds before leaving to go home...' Mikes plays that as we are walking home. How the fuck are they already reporting it?

"Turn it off." I sate.

"Why? I thought it was finally about me but no. It never is, is it Gee?" he sounds angry.

"Oh Mikey be glad of that, fame isn't everything and right now I'd much rather go into hiding than be in another news report." I shake my head with a slight chuckle at how naive Mikes really is sometimes.

"Whatever." He just sighs out his response. I know it must hurt when your brother is always on the news, good and bad but I would rather it be me who has no freedom than poor little Mikey no one deserves that, especially not Mikey.

"You wanna play video games later?"

"Whatever."

I stop dead in my tracks, Mikey walks on a few steps before realising I stopped and turns back to face me again. "Whatever? Whatever! Mikey you love video games. Is it because I'm always on the news and you want your spotlight?" I ask not really having much patience left.

"You know what yeah, yeah I do want to have a spotlight for a bit-"

"No you don't. They know where I go, who I'm with, where I'm going, when I go to sleep, what I eat, if I eat, when I leave the house, what outfit I'm wearing. Mikey I put up with all that for the whole family so they don't have to, if you really want to know what it's like I can get it arranged but I'm telling you now, kid, you will regret it for the rest of your life." I storm off and head to our house which is only a few meters away now, and head up the short path to the door. Pulling out my key I open the door and seek sanctuary in my basement bedroom. I don't come out until the following morning, wearing the same as yesterday having cried myself to sleep still wearing it.

"Gee go and change and have a shower, we need to keep up appearances." my mother bellows at me as I walk into the kitchen, rubbing my eyes and heading for the coffee pot which is just freshly brewed. Sounds weird for a woman to bellow things at her children but living with my father probably did that to her. In this house you do as you're told or get out, as I've already experienced.

"I will just going to have some coffee, then get ready mum." First sip of coffee. Ahhh I mentally say to myself as I indulge myself into the batman coffee mug I hold in my hands. Before dad has a chance to walk in the kitchen I take my coffee and head downstairs to get ready for the shitty day ahead.

~

Classes drag on and I haven't even seen Frank today yet which is weird but maybe he skipped. It's just after lunch when I feel my phone vibrate. The teacher looks dead so I take this as an opportunity to look at my phone and see who is texting me. My eyes travel over the name displayed on the phone. Berty McCracken. I sigh before opening the message to see what he's said.

missed you baby what happened after I dropped you at school? Heard there was a fight?xx

I type back a half hearted reply about how I was just a bystander and that he didn't have to kill everyone. I also mention that I'm laying low to try and get into my parents good books again. His only repose to that is:

stay at mine xx

Berty not that simple, anyway I'm in class. ttul xx

I leave it at that even though I know he sent something else after that but it's probably only something stupid like I love you or alright babe ttul. I just pocket my phone and notice that class is over and I can leave, which I thank the Gods for as otherwise I think I would just go insane if I had to stay in the classroom for any longer than the time I have already spent in there. As I walk out of the class I run into a very small looking person, after a double take the tattoos that are peaking out of a leather jacket. Frank Iero. My heart skips a beat before he is literally dragging me outside to our little smoking spot. I'm so glad I found this place as other wise I would never have found Frank.

"Sorry about that, just did you talk to Mikey about Pete?"

"Was I meant to?" I ask staring at him dumbly.

"YES!" Frank screams but only out of frustration, not as in I'm Frank Iero and I come from New Jersey fight me. "Did you not listen to what I told you before you left?"

"Just that Pete is a whore-"

"And you're letting your brother friends with him?!?"

"Yes." Frank just shakes his head at me and all I can do is smile that classic smirk I do when everyone knows I did something stupid but won't own up to it. Frank stops from shaking his head to look me right in the eye before smirking that really cute smile that makes me go weak at the knees before pulling me into a bone crushing hug. We stay like that for a while just enjoying each others warm embrace before we pull apart and just stare into each other eyes, even for just a short moment there is something there which is weird as we have only just met and we are friends. I'm still as much as a mess as ever and Frank is well Frank the most beautiful person on the planet. The guy who just so happens to be holding me and staring into my eyes right now.

"You never answered my question." I sate my thoughts.

"What question?" Frank looks puzzled but keeps his gaze with mine, I can't help but feel a slight blush at the thought he is looking at me with so much thought and care.

"Are you gay Frank?" There is said it. No going back now I guess.

For the longest moment he just stands there staring at me before joining our foreheads together, slowly his eyes flutter close and whispers just for me to hear, so close I can feel the closeness of his breath on my lips as he whispers out a nearly audible "Yes."