Chapter 10

'New tweet from Gee Way taking to her brother publicly rather than sending a text message. Has Miss Gee Way fallen in trap for modern technology?' I glance down at my phone and see I've been mentioned in a couple thousand tweets asking why I didn't just text my own fucking brother. I just want to scream and I can feel the pressure is building up in me, I have to let it out. Suddenly there is a hand over mine and it's pulling the phone from my grasp. All I do is watch as it is pulled and switched off by none other than Frank Iero whom I just spilled the darkest secret of our generation to. "It was annoying me as well." We just sit there smiling at each other for a moment.

"So now you know our generation's darkest secret. Mr Way's daughter is actually a son." I let out an anxious laugh.

"Gerard is that why you were crying?" Frank crosses his arms over his chest while awaiting my answer.

"Partly." My answer is all but pathetic. "People are too quick to judge and I've had enough of that for a life time."

"I get that, but you could have been straight with me as now I feel bad as I also just assumed you were a girl. If you let me say so though I think you make quite hot girl at that to be able to pull it off as well as you have. Still you could have been straight with me, I'm hardly one to judge I'm a mess. Honestly Gerard I am but thanks for telling me. Do you feel like you can trust me now?"

"Frank I trusted you from the off but I don't know you still could run to the papers I doubt it but you still could, not that it will make much difference."

"That is true. So these fake boobs you got? They like real ones or are they-"

"Have them, by the sounds of it you want them more than me. You normal straight person-"

"Hey I never said I was straight." And a wink to go with it, I think I just died right then.

"So you're gay?" I question further.

"Are you?"

"I asked first." I point out.

"True but I asked second." I playfully shove him a bit with my shoulder, I get shoved back the same way with some slight teasing to go along with it. I simply shake my head and continue looking out onto the town in front of us.

"I'm sorry your family turn a blind eye to the fact you're a boy, if you were trans I would get it but how can people just ignore they have a son and call them a girl?"

I don't even have to think before I answer. "Good publicity."

We sit in silence just enjoying the view before Frank speaks up again. "So you being friends with Bert? They don't like it huh?"

"Not really but he's the only guy I got-"

"I wouldn't say only guy." Franks replies with a wink in my direction.

"Ok fine, he's a good friend that looks out for me but sometimes I wish the news would report about him hanging around with me just as the icing on the cake and one massive fuck you to my parents. I need to get back in their good books again though as after last night I wouldn't be surprised if they changed the locks while I was out."

Frank doesn't say anything to that so I just turn my head to look at him with a confused expression, I wish I could see inside his head just to see what the hell he's thinking. "Why did you tell me?"

"Wh-what?" Now I'm  confused.

"Why did you tell me you were a boy?"

"I can trust you."

"That's not the only reason."

"No it's not." I sigh and shake my head before thinking about having to go home- "shit Mikey!"

Frank reacts quickly and jumps into the car; me following behind on the opposite side of the car. It's like he really cares for Mikey like I do. I can't believe I forgot about him, school is just letting out and for all I know something could happen. He might not know his way home just yet as we've never walked it together. I know I acted like an asshole last night towards him but I really do love that kid and I would do anything for him just in the hopes that he's ok and not scared or worried or just genuinely sad about something. I know I shouldn't baby him like I do but sometimes I just can't help it. The way I feel about him as a brother is just completely different to other people and their siblings, we are really close and I feel like I've fuck that up after last night.

"Hey Gee we'll get to him in time and if you'd like I'll take you home." Frank extends his hand and rubs my thigh in a comforting manner before turning his head towards me and shooting me a caring glance. I just smile back in return.  Before I know it he's driving the fastest I've ever seen down the highway towards the school. Every so often Frank shoots me a comforting glance before putting his eyes back on the road ahead.

We pull up at the school and standing there alone is Mikey, wait there is someone standing next to him. I look out the window towards the sky and see it's almost about to rain thank God we got here just in time. Slowly Frank pulls up in front of the two boys. "Hey thanks Frank ill see ya tomorrow?" I turn to the beautiful boy beside me.

"Yeah ok Gerard, how you getting home? You drive or-PETE?" Frank jumps out of the car and runs out to the boy I now know as Pete who is standing next to Mikey. Following Frank's lead I pick up my school bag and get out of the car to walk towards Mikey, in a less panicked way than Frank. "WHY THE HELL ARE YOU TALKING TO YOUNG MIKEY!" Frank shouts at the poor kid named Pete, with his eyeliner very much smothering his whole eye socket.

"I'm not letting young Mikey here stand out here on his own-"

"Shut it Pete." Frank gives Pete a death glare. Timidly I reach a hand out and grab Frank's shoulder to utter silent words to leave the kid alone.

"Hey Mikes, how was school and erm who-who's your new friend?" I ask Mikey and gesturing with my other arm towards Pete. Even though I know his name it's still polite to get probably introduced, right?

"Yeah erm this is Pete Wentz, he's a guy in my year. He's nice he showed me around today." Mikey replies with a simple shrug of his shoulders.

"More like buttering you up to show you around his dick." Frank remarks.

"Frank, thanks for today I'll see you tomorrow." I tell Frank before smiling at Pete and taking my brothers slightly smaller hand in mine, before walking in the vague direction of home. Behind us I hear shouting voices I know to be Frank and Pete's but don't turn to look at them, just keep walking.