chapter 1

"Please we have to get them help," the woman frantically exclaimed. Wanda and her husband Frank just had  twins, but they were terribly ill. Wanda carefully wrapped the baby girl in a warm blanket, while her husband did the same with the baby boy. "I've heard stories, strange ones, about an old woman who is believed to have magic powers. Maybe she can heal them so they can live a full life, should we go to her?" Frank asked. "Whatever it takes," Wanda answered.

They've made it to an old cottage just outside the village.
"Tell me dear, why does this woman live so far away?"
"I told you, she is said to be an witch, and she's a little out of it."
They walked inside.

   "Did you name them yet?" The woman asked without turning around."Miss, we need your help, our children have took ill," Wanda pleaded. The old woman giggled in response. "I'll help, but on two conditions," the woman bargained. "Yes, anything" Frank said. The woman turned around. What Frank and Wanda so was great despair yet wickedness in the woman's eyes. "Okay then, name 2 things you want your children to have." The woman stated. "A purpose," Wanda said,  "A long life," stated Frank. With that the old woman licked her fingers and rubbed them on the babys. They both laughed with joy. "Oh thank you so much miss," Wanda said thankfully.

    With that Wanda, Frank, and the two healthy children went home forgetting all about what the woman wanted in return for her help.