Chapter 9 San Diego Day 1

Chapter 9

I wake up and start getting ready for San Diego. Peeta is already ready and he got the kids ready with help from my mom.

"Have fun in San Diego!" Mom says.

"We will, thanks for everything mom!" I thank her.

"Anytime honey!" she says.

We get in the car with Finnick, Annie, and Finn. They have a bigger car so we have room. Finnick drives and Annie is in the passenger seat and I'm in the second row with Peeta. All three kids are in the back.

"Everyone buckled in?" Finnick asks.
We all say yes. "Alright, let's get going."

We talk a little in the car. It doesn't take long to get to San Diego. I'm overwhelmed by all the palm trees. It's nice, I wouldn't mind living here. But I'm more into the forest than the beach.

"Like it?" Finnick asks.

"Yea, it's very nice." Peeta says.

"So what do you guys do now, for a job?" I ask.

"We own a family beach club, it has games and food. Best part is that it's on the beach." Annie tells me.

"That's so cool, and a really good idea." I say.

"Thanks." she says.

"Maybe you guys can show it to us, I'd love to see it." Says Peeta.

"Yea we'll show you!" Says Annie.

We pull up to their house, it is gorgeous. Perfect. Luxurious. I don't know how they can afford it, but it's amazing. It's huge, possibly three stories. It's different colors that are sand-like. It looks like it was made for Finnick and Annie.

"This house is amazing." I say in complete awe.

"Thanks," Finnick says proudly.

"Do you guys own it?" Peeta asks, he's always had an interest in real estate so when he sees a nice house he asks questions like this.

"Annie designed it and I got some help building it." Finnick tells him.

"Well, it's really nice." Peeta says. "Nice work on the design, Annie. And Finnick it looks like you and whoever else helped did a really good job."

"Thanks."

We go inside and it's even more beautiful. Marble kitchen, grand dining room, Finnick even has a "man cave" that Peeta is in love with right now.

"Finnick, can I move in?" Peeta asks sarcastically.

This makes us laugh.

Katherine looks like she's in a candy store or something. Her face is lit up and she's running around with Finn and Pete.

"I love your house." I tell them.

"Yea, so do we." Finnick says with that friendly bragging tone of voice.
"I'll show you to yours and the kids guest bedroom."

Our guest bedroom looks like it could be the master bedroom. The whole house is themed like a beach. And this room has seashells on the furniture, and candles that are scented like coconuts.

"Wow..." Peeta and I say in sync.

Finnick chuckles. "I'll let you get settled in."

We put our clothes in the drawers and our suitcases in the closet. Next-door to our room is Katherine's and Pete. They're jumping on the bed with Finn.

"You three," I say laughing but shaking my head. They laugh too.

I go downstairs with Peeta and we sit down have a good time so far.