Chapter 17: Welcome To This Confusing World Little...

I smile as my baby is placed in my arms. My sweet little Kassidy.

She's the most precious thing I've ever seen, and finally a child of mine only looks like me. Katherine looks like Peeta and me, but now as she grows I see Peeta.

Kassidy on the other hand, she looks like her mommy, me, no one else.

"Welcome to this confusing world little Kassidy," I whisper and I swear she will be my best friend.

Katherine and Pete get along with me perfectly, but I just feel a connection to Kassidy that I didn't feel before and I don't know why.

Probably because she is premature. She was born a month before she was supposed to be, to be honest I felt guilty. Like there was something wrong with me, and that's the reason she was born too soon. Don't get me wrong, I think she's amazingly perfect. I'm more than excited that she's here now. But I was worried as heck when they took her away from me to check on her.

They said she's a miracle, the healthiest premature baby they've ever seen. And that warmed my heart.

I have a strong attachment to Kassidy, ever since I thought I would lose her. I loved her since before I knew her because she was the easiest baby I've carried. No morning sickness, back pains, nothing. Maybe it was because she was so small, too small to cause trouble.

"I love you, Kass." I whisper and kiss her nose.

Her silver eyes flutter open, and I stare into them.

Peeta, I'm sure you're wondering where he is. 

He went down to the gift shop to get some clothes that don't fall off of her. Plus, I wanted some time alone with my little bundle of joy.

Cheesy but true.

Her and I stare at each other for awhile, before we're broken out of our trance when Peeta comes in. Finnick and Annie are on their way too, we've been closer than ever ever since the reunion. 

Johanna, she's been around too. 

The rest of the gang, not so much. 

That's okay though, we always have our high school memories. 

"How are my girls?" Peeta asks. 

"Great," I speak for the both of us.

"I'm glad, how's this onesie?" He holds up a purple one with green polka dots that says "Mommy's Girl."

"Oh my gosh, Peeta it's perfect!" I say, smiling.

I pass her to him and she starts crying, he gives a small sad smile.

"Totally a Mommy's girl," I laugh. 

He puts her in a diaper and in the onesie and passes her back to me immediately.

My little girl.