Chapter 10 San Diego Day 2

Chapter 10

Finnick and Annie take everyone to Aquatica, a water park here in San Diego. I'm so excited because I've always wanted to go to a water park, but I've never been to one before. We're in the car and on the way there. I feel like a little kid again, here I am, freaking out over a water park.

"I'm so excited Peeta." I tell him.

He laughs at me. "I am too, I've never been to a water park before."

"The kids haven't either, I think we're going to have a lot of fun." I say.

We get there and I look at all the rides. I don't know where to start! There's single rider slides, four person, two person. Peeta and I take the kids on a ride that's an open slide, it fits all of us and it doesn't look like it goes too fast. Boy, was I wrong. We are practically spinning and being yanked down the slide and I'm sitting here screaming my head off while Peeta and the kids laugh! I'm terrified. When everyone offers to go on more, I agree but I'm not going on another big one. We go on a single rider slide, I choose the green one and it's actually nice. No huge drops. When we go back up again, Peeta tells me to try the blue one. I do and I realize it was a complete mistake. The blue one is insane! I keep getting dropped and turning. I'm going to kill Peeta when I get out of this death trap! I get to the bottom of the slide and Peeta sees me and laughs, I run over to him full of anger for him tricking me. I officially despise scary water rides. They're so unpredictable, you feel like you're going to fall off and die! Okay, maybe I'm being too dramatic. After this I take Pete who is too short for the really big rides and we go on the playground with fun body slides and the lazy river. I thought I would love a scary water park, but I don't.