iv.

iv.

Higher

"Do you have any Aces?" Jack asked.

I slung my last card towards him on the table. "Yes dammit." I cried. I rested my elbows on the table as Jack collected all of his cards, and shined in the victory of winning.

We've been on the road since this morning after I packed. We’ve been on the road a total of seven hours, and we were all tired of each other, and the traffic was awful. Jack and I have been playing cards for the most part, Justin has been looking things to add to his truck, and Gabe and Kellin have been writing for a new album. It was kind of cool being with them, but even at that, we were bored out of our minds.

They said they usually stop every few hours to get snacks, and invite people to their bus, but so far we haven't stopped, and I don't believe anyone would want me on their bus.

"Yeah Vic, we'll stop in a bit. I'll join you on your bus." Kellin said into his phone. "Don't be like that, she's with us, yes. Bye dude."

"We're stopping soon?" Justin asked.

"Yes, and I'm going to stop by PTV's bus, so here a twenty for food." Kellin said, standing up and throwing a twenty on the table in front of Jack and I. Kellin walked to the back side past all the bunks, leaving everyone staring at Jack and I.

"What's up with him?" Gabe asked Jack.

"Like I know. Vic's probably talking bullshit again, making Kellin mad." Jack said.

Gabe stood up from his seat. "Well, if you want to live, just let him and Vic have their moment. I'm sure everything will be fine. Vic's just being a baby lately." Gabe said, trying to avoid the reason why Vic was mad. We all knew it. I made Vic mad, now he was probably going to yell at Kellin for it.

The bus came to a halt, and Kellin rushed to the front of the bus, and left before I could blink. We all sat up, and Jack put the twenty in his pocket. We exited the bus, and saw tons of buses in the gas stations parking lot. Everyone was walking into the shop, and a few were standing in circles talking. I looked over to see Kellin walking into Pierce The Veil bus.

I couldn't help but feel I did something wrong. Vic was mad at me, which made Kellin mad, and a lot of stress for everyone. I wanted this to be as smooth as possible.

I thought about apologizing to Vic. To say I was sorry, about outing him on leaving me, but after telling Jack my plan, he convinced me otherwise. Saying, ‘Kellin probably won't even let you near him.’ and "Vic's pretty stubborn, and probably won't listen until he is ready to forgive." So I just passed that by.

Justin knocked up against me, smiling and linked his arms with mine. Justin was always in a good mood. He was a complete freak, but that is just how he is. He is always having fun, and not really caring about anything bad. Life was easy for him. He was in a stable relationship, and loved his truck and bass.

We skipped up to the station, and entered behind the fatherly Jack, and motherly Gabe. If I leave this journey learning anything is that when Kellin isn't around, Jack and Gabe are parents to the group.

As we entered, they all grabbed energy drinks, claiming ‘We are performing all the time, we have zero energy.w but I decided on just a fountain drink because it was cheap, and I didn't like spending their money.

"Ready to check out?" Jack asked. Everyone grouped back up, with Gabe with a ton of drinks, and Justin the booze, everyone knew this was going to be pricey.

"At least Marina here knows how to save money, pigs." Jack whispered under his breath. I blushed a little, and we went to check out. Gabe, like any mother like figure, pulled out the rest of the money to cover the purchase.

As we walked out I went over to Gabe. "Here." I opened my wallet and handed him a twenty.

"Marina." He said, pushing the money away. "It's fine. If anyone is paying up, it's Justin." He said. I ruffled the bill back into my pocket. Joining back up on the bus, Kellin was still on the Pierce The Veil bus. In the store I didn't see anyone, but that doesn't mean they weren't in there. There were a lot of people in the little station.

"How far are we from the venue?" Justin asked the bus driver.

"About five hours." He said. Justin let out a comical sigh, and jumped on the couch, and opened up a beer.

"Justin, get up right now, and put that away. We don't need you drunk on a bus for the next five hours." Gabe snipped, like a mother.

"I can do whatever I want to." Justin smirked. I sipped on my drink as I watched the arguing between the two. Jack interrupt in the middle.

"Marina, can you come here." Jack asked. Everyone looked at me, and I just walked towards Jack.

"Yes? Is everything okay?" I asked.

"It should be. Marina, are you okay with Kellin staying on Pierce The Veil bus?" Jack asked.

"Of course, why does it have anything to do with me." I asked. Jack gave me a knowing look.

“Because it’s to talk about you. Vic just doesn’t like you. I'm really sorry this is happening to you Marina. Vic is such a child sometimes, and I think he needs some reality sometimes, okay." Jack insured.

I felt a little sick from that. Vic could be that much of a jerk? He always seemed nice, now he was trying to make my life miserable. "Jack?" I asked.

"Yes Marina." He said.

"If Vic does something like that again, can you slap him." I smiled.

Jacked grabbed both of my hands in his. "I will Marina. I never liked Vic anyways."