One

"Amelia, honey, you have to get up for school now or you'll be late!" My dad says to me, flipping on my lights to try and wake me up.

"Can I please stay home? I don't have any tests or projects due." I ask him, hoping to be able to spend the day sleeping.

Lakefield High School is as boring as any school can get. Nothing ever cool or fun happens and I'm sure today will be like every other day. The only real drama that goes on deals with Blair Jones, Lakefield's cliche 'It' girl. All she does is gossip about other people, their relationships, and how crazy her weekend will be.

"Are you sick?" He asks, as he steps into my room.

"Well no.... but I just want to catch up on my sleep." I try to come up with a viable reason to stay home.

School and attendance is very important to my dad, he wants us to do our best and be given our best. In his mind in order to do our best at school, we have to go everyday unless we actually can't go due to being sick. It's just one of the things he is actually strict about.

"So then you can go to school. Get up now before you end up being late." He replies with, walking out of my room, leaving the door open so I can't go back to sleep.

I get up from my bed, and then bend over and pick up my 2 year old Pomeranian Noelle. I got her for Christmas when I was 15 and she has white fur, with some off white spots on her lower back and tail. She is the actual love of my life.

After getting ready, wearing black leggings and a white t-shirt with a little pocket that had a black outline of a wave on the left chest area, I finished getting ready in my bathroom. I usually leave my hair down and keep it the natural straight it has, but today I added a light pink headband to my hair.

"Bye Dad!" I say to him as I run downstairs into the kitchen to grab my lunch, and slide on my pink Vans slip on sneakers. My younger sister Chloe follows behind me as we both grab our umbrellas.

"Bye Amelia and Chloe, be careful out there girls the rain is starting to pick up." He calls back to me.

I only live with my sister Chloe and my dad, my mom lives in San Francisco with her husband Jason. My parents split when I was in 8th grade and Chloe was in 6th grade, and my mom stayed in San Francisco as my dad moved with my sister and I to a beach town near Malibu.

My dad got primary custody because my moms job caused her to move around too much, so they both decided to have us live with my dad in one place.

I had this weird feeling going to school, almost anxious to get there, as if something is pulling me to be there. It's probably just me being anxious to have to run from my car into the school and try not to get soaking wet. I'm not going to think anything of it, hopefully today is like any other day.

"Hey, I don't need a ride home from school today. Corbin and I are going to go into town and have a late lunch/ early dinner then have a sleepover at her house." Chloe tells me as I pull up to the school.

Chloe has blonde hair as I do, but my hair is darker than hers. We also both have the same blue eyes as my dad does. Neither of my parents have blonde hair, my mom has red and my dad has dark brown, but he did have bleach blonde hair when he was younger, that got progressively darker as he aged.

Her friend Corbin has brown hair and brown eyes, and that girls personality is wild. She is always jumping around, and doing the craziest stuff, plus she never stops laughing or smiling.

I park in my parking spot, and Chloe and I then run up the school stairs and I make my way to first period. School goes by quickly in the morning and before realizing it, I am one period away from lunch.