Seventeen

"Zoe can you take our picture real quick." Christine asks, as we stand by our cars.

It was the end of the day, and with today being Tuesday it was twin day. Christine and I decided to twin.

I was wearing a white and thin black striped shirt and a blue jean skirt with a black belt and white and black converse. Christine was wearing a black and thin white striped shirt with a darker blue jean skirt and the same shoes and belt as me.

"Sure." She says.

Zoe takes the picture, "Thanks! I'll see you tomorrow in calc."

"No problem! See you tomorrow." She walks towards her car.

"How did everything go with Blake?" I ask Christine.

"Good, he told me about his family and him being a you know what."

"Are you guys going to the game this Friday now?"

"Yeah, are you and Xavier?"

"I think so. I'll see you tomorrow in gym."

"Bye girl!" Christine then gets into her car.

Chloe finally come to my car after about 5 minutes. I drive us home, and the minute we get there it seems my nerves have kicked in.

Tonight we are going over to Xavier's to talk to his parents about what my mom told us yesterday. I really wish I had a parent to come with me, but I understand they can't know about werewolves.

Chloe and I walk inside and I go up to my room. I walk in and lay on my bed and scroll through my phone. Thankfully tonight I don't have any homework to do.

Xavier texts me saying, 'You guys can come over at any time tonight. Just text me when you're on your way.'

I text him back an 'Okay'. I decide to wait until my dad comes home and we have dinner before we leave.

——-

"Where are you girls going again?" My dad asks, as we clean up dinner.

"Xavier's, everyone's hanging out there tonight for a little bit." I explain, only lying a little.

"Okay, just be home by 9:30." That doesn't seem too hard to do, considering it is only 5:30 now.

I text Xavier that we're on our way and Chloe and I go out to my car. It takes us about 20 minutes to get to his house because he lives on the other side of town.

We get out and go to Xavier's front door and I ring the doorbell. He answers it, and let's us come in. Suddenly, I am very nervous again.

He holds my hand, and leads Chloe and I to the living room. In there is Xavier's parents, Aidan, and Aidan's parents. Xavier and I sit on one couch with Aidan and Chloe, opposite to their parents.

"Hi girls!" Xavier's mom, Dana, greets.

"Hi." "Hey."

"Okay, so what did you guys learn about your family?" Aidan's dad, Luke, asks.

"We were talking to our mom and asking if we had any supernatural family members, saying we are watching this one show about it. She said that her grandmother would tell stories that Chloe and my great great grandparents were 'healers' and 'protectors' for injured werewolves." I explain.

"In this area?" Aidan's mom, Emily, asks.

"Yes. Supposedly there was a war in the late 1800s between two packs and they were on ones side and would help those who were wounded." Chloe explains.