Sixteen

I wake up to my alarm, sitting up and getting excited immediately. This week was spirit week! Since today is monday, its throwback today.

I go to my closet and grab my 'The Doors' tie dye t-shirt and a pair of blue ripped skinny jeans and my old school vans. I change into the outfit and then go into my bathroom.

I put my hair half up- half down with a black scrunchy, and then do my normal morning routine. On throwback days, I never really know what to wear so I usually don't go all out on this day.

I grab my bookbag and go downstairs into the kitchen. I put down my bag and go to the cabinet to grab my water bottle, and fill it up with ice and water. I then go into the fridge, grab two pieces of toast, and put them in the toaster.

Once they are toasted, I put almond butter on them and then eat my piece and leave Chloes on a napkin for her.

"Well you're up early." My dad says, as he walks into the kitchen, adjusting his tie.

"Yeah, I wanted to make sure I would have enough time to get ready with it being spirit week and all." I sit down at one of the bar stools.

"Amelia, do you know where my black vans are?" Chloe asks, as she walks into the kitchen. She is wearing black jeans and a random tie dye shirt too.

"Maybe in the closet by the door." I tell her.

I start to scroll through instagram and reply to snapchats, as Chloe puts her shoes on and then sits next to me to eat her toast.

"Tonight, Amanda and I will be going out to dinner to celebrate her promotion. You guys are invited to come, but if you don't want to, I'll leave some money for you two to get dinner." Dad tells us, as he sips his coffee.

"I can't, Aidan and I are going over to his house so I can meet his parents tonight." Chloe says.

"Okay, Amelia what about you?" Dad asks.

"I'm just going to stay home, you and Amanda deserve a dinner alone for once." Dad and Amanda never get to actually hang out alone, only sometimes so I would feel bad to go.

"You sure?" "Yeah, you two have fun."

"Alright, I'll see you girls after school." Dad then grabs his briefcase, kisses us on the forehead, and leaves for work.

I feed Noelle and fill up her water bowl. Once I'm done, Chloe and I then leave for school. I lock the door behind us, and we get into my car and drive to school.

----

I walk into math with Zoe, to see Blake already there, in the seat next to mine. I sit down and greet him, then go back to talking to Zoe. Class passes by quickly because we had a test, so after it I just went on my phone for the last 10 minutes. Once the bell rings, Zoe and I get up to leave and Blake stops me.

"Hey, can I talk to you in private?" He asks, hinting at Zoe to go away.

"I'll meet you at lunch." I tell her.

"Okay, we will be at our normal table outside." She tells me, before leaving the classroom.

Blake and I walk out too. "What's up?"

"Well Christine and I are going out tonight and I want to talk to her about yesterday, since she was visibly upset."

"Just explain to her everything and let her ask all the questions she wants. She might need time after tonight to just think about everything on her own. She also might understand right away." I tell him.

Christine can be unpredictable at times with how she reacts to certain news. For example, she when she found out her sister crashed her car she didn't talk to her a month, which is kind of reasonable. But when she found out her boyfriend cheated on her, she broke up with him and was actually fine about it the next day.