Twenty-seven

Sunday afternoon

The entire weekend went by so quickly because all we did was train, eat, train some more, eat some more, then go to bed. Chloe and I were worn out every night and sore every morning.

The tiredness we continually felt caused us both to be very grumpy at times and this came onto Xavier and Aidan mostly. Whenever they would try to encourage us or tell us how to do something, it was met with a snarky remark or scoff and roll of the eyes.

We continually apologized for our attitudes and it didn't faze Xavier or Aidan, but Chloe and I were starting to become really remorseful.

We finally got through all the training, and we both were able to pass our final test.

"Alright girls, you may know how to harvest, use, and control your healing powers but you have to continue to train. If you don't you will lose all your abilities." Adrea tell us, as we put our bags into the rental car.

"And if you ever need help, we are always a phone call and drive away." Jarrod assures us.

"Thank you for everything." I say to the four, and give them all hugs, Chloe giving hugs as well.

"You girls are very welcomed. When this fight starts, we will be here ready as backup." Arden tells us.

I nod and we then all get into the car and start the drive to the airport.

———
5 Hours later

"Dad, we're home!" I shout as I walk in with Chloe, and Xavier, Aidan got dropped off at home already because he had some homework to finish.

"Hi guys!" My dad says, walking out of the living room.

"I'm going to bed. Night guys, love you." Chloe says, grabbing her bag and giving my dad a kiss on the cheek before making her way to her room.

"Do we have any leftovers to eat, I'm starving." I ask, as I start to walk to the kitchen.

"Yes, some chicken and pasta from my dinner tonight." My dad says, as we all walk into the kitchen.

"Yay!" I go to the fridge, grab the food and put it into the microwave.

"Goodnight sweetheart and Xavier." Dad says, leaving the kitchen as Xavier takes a seat on one of the barstools. I go through the mail from the past few days, and see two letters one from Boston University and the other from UC Santa Barbara.

The one from UC Santa Barbara just reminds me to send in my SAT scores. Then I hold up the envelope from Boston University.

"What's that?" Xavier asks.

I put down the envelope as the microwave beeps and pull out my pasta. "A letter from Boston University."

"Have I not told you it's one of my top schools?" I ask as I start to open up the envelope.

"Well yeah, but I thought you would have decided to stay in California, with me." He explains.

I stop breathing as I read the word "Congratulations."

"You got in." Xavier says after a few seconds of silence.

"Yeah! I can't believe it!" I exclaim.

"Well congrats babe, but are you really considering moving so far away?" Xavier asks, concern evident in his voice.

"No. I don't want to leave you Xavier, I'm just shocked I got in." I tell him.

In all honesty though, I've wanted to go to Boston U since I was little, when my family went there to visit my mom's friend who's a professor. I just fell in love with the campus and the programs they offer are amazing for pre-med.