Twenty-three

^The Kings Lake Tahoe house

Christmas Morning

Amanda, Dad, Chloe and I sit on the couch, as we open the presents from each other. I got dad a new IPad case, Amanda a necklace, and then Chloe a pair of adidas that she's been wanting.

"Amelia this is so nice!" Amanda says, giving me a hug.

"Yeah, thank you!" My dad then gives me a kiss on the cheek.

"These are really nice!" Chloe then also gives me a hug.

We continue to open gifts, then afterwards we go to the kitchen table and eat breakfast.

"So are you girls ready for your trip to Lake Tahoe tomorrow?" Dad asks us.

"Yeah, I'm fully packed except for a few things." I tell him.

"Me too. I'm so excited!" Chloe beams.

"We should go up there for a trip as a family." Amanda suggests.

"Sure. We should go on more family trips." I say, agreeing with Amanda.

"Well we have the trip to Washington coming up." Dad reminds me of the trip we planned to take in June.

"Also, don't forget to call us when you guys get there, and I do want the address of this place." My dad says sternly.

"Okay, I'll get from Xavier right now." I pull out my phone and text him.

"I just texted it to you." I tell my dad, as we hear his phone chime.

'Do you want to come over today. I know we aren't exchanging gifts until we are at the cabin, but I still want to see you.' Xavier texts me back with.

"Hey, do you think I could go over to Xaviers in a bit?" I ask.

"Sure, just be home before your curfew."

"Thank you!"

We finish breakfast, and then we clean up the wrapping paper from our presents. I take mine up to my room, and I start to wrap everyone else's. We decided since we are going up to the cabin tomorrow, that we would just exchange our gifts then.

I got Christine two new pallets that she's been wanting, Lucy a pack of scrunchies and then a matching necklace and bracelet set. I didn't really know what to get Blake or Grayson, so Christine told me to get Blake a Tile because he always loses his keys. Lucy told me to get Grayson a new Hydro Flask.

For Xavier, I got him a matching bracelet set with the date we had our first kiss, that basically started our relationship. Then I got him a Beats Pill since he broke his.

Curiosity got the best of me, as it always does, and I take the address Xavier sent me and put into GoogleMaps. The house that shows up is bigger than mine. It It has dark wood and three stone pillars on the left side of it. This house has to be a couple million at the least.

I text Christine a picture of it followed by 'Damn, I really feel broke right now."

She replies saying, 'At least now you know his family doesn't have any money problems lmao."

I finish packing and then put everyone's gifts into a separate bag. I change into a pair of leggings and an olive green knitted sweater. I head downstairs, and say goodbye to Dad and Amanda. Chloe must have gone up to her room.

I walk out to my car and drive to Xavier's house after texting him that I'm on my way. I pull up and park in front of his house. I get out of my car, to see him standing at his front door.