Eleven

"Finally! Let's go to the beach!" Lucy shouts, as we all laugh and walk to the elevators.

Once out of the hotel, all we have to do is walk a block and we are at the beach. We walk in pairs because of the size of the sidewalk. Xavier and Blake lead the way as Christine and I stay towards the back.

"Girl! The entire ride here Blake and I talked as though we have been friends since we were children. It's just so easy with him." Christine smiles, most likely thinking back to the car ride.

"Also.. Blake asked me out! Like on a real date!" She whisper screams.

I smile, happy for her. "Why didn't you tell me earlier?" I say, fake being angry.

"I didn't want to say anything in front of everyone yet. There would've been to many questions." She explains.

"How did he ask?"

"Well we were talking about our favorite places in Lakefield and around it. Then he said, "We should go to one this week. Just you and I." So I said "What like a date?" and he smiled at me and winked!" She says smiling like crazy again grabbing my hand.

"Oh my god. I have to help you get ready for it. When are you guys going?" I ask her.

"We're ditching the game friday to go."

"Okay! What time are you guys going?"

"He's picking me up at 6:30, so just come over after school so I can start getting ready right away." I'm so happy that Christine and Blake are finally going out. I mean everyone can tell that they like each other.

"What happened with you and Xavier on the way here?" She asks, wiggling her eyebrows.

I shove her lightly, "we just talked a lot about our families."

"What did you find out about their family." She whispers to me.

"I'll tell you later. I don't them want to hear us talking about it." I whisper back to her.

"So are you and Xavier still hanging out tomorrow?" She asks.

"Yeah, we are going to go later than we planned." I explain.

"What if you see that guy again?" Christine gives me a worried look.

"I probably won't, it's not like he's stalking me or something. He was just a creep being a creep." I try to play it off like the guy who was watching Chloe and I last wednesday means nothing.

"If you do, you have to tell your dad and Amanda then." She says sternly, and I know that I will have to too.

"I will trust me. Just even thinking about that guy and when we made eye contact, ugh, gives me goosebumps because of how scared I felt in that moment." I hope to never see that guy again, and if I do then I'll drive the extra 20 minutes to go to a different mall and never back to that one.

We arrive at the beach, and stop at a spot close to the water and lay out our towels. We all take off our clothes leaving us just in our bathing suits.

"Aidan and I are going to go for a walk." Chloe informs us, walking away hand in hand with Aidan.

"I can't believe how much they like each other. Usually boys in her grade would just mess with her then leave." Christine says.

"I know, last night Chloe said that she thinks they might be soul mates. Like soul mates? Those don't even exist." I say, Christine agreeing with me.

"You never know guys." Lucy shakes her head at us. As if she's positive they're real.

"Whatever. Let's go into the water!" Christine says, grabbing my hand and then I grab Lucy's.