Eighteen

"Good luck being a Sophomore today." Christine says to Chloe, who just rolls her eyes.

We walk up the steps into school, and the first thing you see when you walk in is a banner against the wall with the words SENI9RS, painted in black. Today is now Friday, which means color wars.

Our school goes all out for color wars. A few years ago they almost banned it because a few students painted one of the walls black, but the board just put stricter rules on the day. That didn't really do much though.

I am wearing my hair down, with a black bandana acting as a headband. I have a black shirt on with the my last name on the back along with a '19, that our class president had made for today. Along with that I was wearing black jean shorts, a black bandana around my thigh, and my low top black converse.

Christine goes her separate way to her homeroom, and I walk towards my locker. As I'm grabbing books, I see someone come up next to me. I look up to see Xavier, who has black sunglasses on the top of his head, a black t-shirt, black jeans, and black vans on.

"Hey." I say.

"Hey, you guys really do take color wars serious here." He tells me, as he watches seniors in all black walk past us.

"Yeah, we are known for our school spirit." Whenever someone brings up Lakefield High School, the first thing they think of is how big we are on school spirit and pride.

The bell rings signalling that homeroom starts in five minutes. "I got to go, see you in ceramics." Xavier bends down and kisses my forehead before walking off.

I watch him walk away, blushing now. I then shut my locker and make my way to my homeroom.

----

Since today is the last day of spirit week, our homecoming pep rally is today. Christine and I met up at my locker with Xavier, Blake, Grayson, and Lucy. We all are now sitting in the bleachers in the gym, as the pep rally starts.

"Helloooo everybody! Welcome to Lakefields 2019 spirit week pep rally!" The emcee, Marcus, shouts through the microphone.

Everyone cheers back to him. "Alright, let's now hear it from the classes."

"Freshman, how loud can you get?" The freshman class then shouts as loud as they can.

"Sophomores?" They shout just as loud.

"Alright Juniors, I think you can beat that." They do.

"Now to our Senior class. Come on guys! Let's shake this auditorium." Everyone stands up and screams as loud as they can, as some of the guys have noise makers and someone waves around the 'Sen19rs' poster from the lobby.

I look to see Xavier, Blake, Lucy, and Grayson all holding their ears. Oh shit, they must be hearing this fives times louder than we are.

"Jesus, are you guys always this loud?" Lucy says, as we sit back down.

"That should be the worst of it." Christine tells her.

The pep rally goes by quickly, and soon it is the end of the day and everyone is excused. We all walk out together, and say our goodbyes as we go to our own cars. At my car I see that Aidan and Chloe are hanging around it.

"Hey!" I say as I approach them.

"Hey."

"Hey, I'm going to hang out with Aidan." Chloe says.

"Okay, see you later." I put my bookbag in the back of my car, as Aidan and Chloe walk to Blakes car.

I drive home, and when I get there I see that I am the only one home. I walk in and let Noelle out back, when she comes back in I go up to my room. Once I get up there, I grab a black sweatshirt, and slightly touch up my makeup.