Welcome to Beacon (Part 3)

After a while of hiking through the forest (and hiding from Grimm) You found the ruins of the temple. Because you didn't have a partner you just grabbed whatever relic you were closest to- a king piece.

You smirked and turned around, spotting two familiar girls running at you "Oh..Hey (Y/n)!" Yang exclaimed when she got close to you. "Oh...Hey..." Blake muttered when she was beside you. You smiled at them, stuffing your relic into the small pouch at your side.

"Hey Blake...which one should we get?" Blake shrugged, moving a bit closer to you as Yang roamed around the ruins of the temple, searching for a relic. Yang gasped and held up a black Knight relic "How about a cute little pony?!" You giggled and looked at Blake for an answer. Blake flashed a tiny smile and rolled her eyes. "Sure, it works with our-"

Blake choked on her words and snapped her head at you, her mouth agape in surprise. You looked at Yang for an answer, but she seemed just as surprised as Blake. It was then that you squeezed Blake's muscular thigh again with your tail.

You yelped and jumped away, quickly unwrapping your tail from Blake's leg. "I-I'm so sorry! I didn't even realize.." Blake nodded with unnatural calmness "It's okay, I understand" You pursed your lips, tilting your head in confusion. "Uhh, if you say so..."

The three of you jumped when a high-pitched scream cut through the air. "Oh my god! Some girl's in trouble!" Yang yelled, searching for the 'girl' in the surrounding forest.

You growled, turning towards the brush when it rustled. You leaned down, as if you were going to pounce. "Stay back. it might be a Grimm" Blake warned sternly, sticking her arm out in front of you to hold you back.

Ruby burst out of the brush, startling you. "Haha! That's no Grimm!" Yang laughed as you jumped up, snapping your jaw shut. "Oh! Ruby! Are you okay?" Ruby shrugged, glaring down at her feet.

"Weiss is just so...Ugh!" You nodded knowingly. "I guess she seems like she could be a bit annoying...But she also seems like she could be a really-"

Suddenly, another scream ripped through the air, making your blood run cold. You covered your furry ears and crouched down in pain, while Blake cringed beside you. "Ahh! Fuck! What is that?!"

Blake pointed up into the sky, "Uh, Isn't that Weiss right there? Hanging onto that Nevermore?" You looked up and whimpered, flattening your ears and cowering behind Ruby, why seemed to appreciate being used as a barrier.

"Huh...Hey! It's Jaune!" Ruby yelled pointing up at the annoying blonde boy from earlier as he flew into the trees on the right of you. You grumbled, glowering up at the trees Jaune crashed into. "So that's his name. Jaune..."

"Hahaha! I'm queen of the castle!" A loud voice called out behind you, causing all of you to turn around. "Nora...please..." A man with long hair pleaded quietly.

"Uh guys..Weiss!" Yang screamed, capturing your attention again. "I've got her!" You yelled, springing into action. You pounced across the battlefield, transforming into a full grown lioness as you flew across the field. You stopped and jumped up, catching the collar of Weiss' dress in your teeth, tearing it a bit.

You transformed back the second after you caught Weiss, wrapping your arms around her waist so she wouldn't injure herself when you hit the ground. Weiss brushed herself off, both blushing and whining about her ripped collar.

Jaune burst through the trees, his eyes wide. "D-did you just turn into a lion?" You nodded at him, stepping in between him and Weiss instinctively. "If you saw it, it happened." "Wow! Can you do it again?" Jaune yelled enthusiastically, but you just rolled your eyes in annoyance. "I have to save my energy just in case, sorry."