Teaming up

"Alright girls! Time for action!" I announced, bursting out of our dorm room's restroom, holding a towel against my damp body. "I thought that class would never end." Blake retorted, adjusting the ribbon that was wrapped around her forearm.

"Well, today's the day! Here, I have a custom stealth outfit just for you, (Y/n)" Ruby giggled, jumping off of her bed and handing me a bundle of dark-colored clothes. I nodded gratefully, running back into the restroom to change before returning back to my place.

"Wow! It's really nice! But...a bit tight, don't you think?" I turned slightly, massaging the base of my tail. "Wuh..." Yang drooled, while Ruby's face began to turn red. "Y-yeah, I guess I must've heard your measurements wrong..." Ruby muttered, very clearly eyeing my tail as well.

"O-okay, great!" Ruby clapped, breaking herself from the staring contest she was having with my stealth suit and the rest of her team from the awkward silence that fell upon the room. "Does everyone know their roles?"

Weiss nodded, stepping off of her bed. "Ruby and I will head to the CCT to check the Schnee records for any other dust robberies or inconsistencies. Seeing as I'm in the family, it shouldn't be a problem."

Blake crossed her arms behind her back in a matter-of-faculty way. "The White Fang has regular faction meetings to hand out orders and recruit new members. If (Y/n) and I can get in, We can hopefully find out what they're planning."

Yang threw her right arm around my shoulders, a wide grin plastered over her face. "I have an...old friend on the shady side of town that usually knows everything that's going on in Vale. Getting information out of him shouldn't be too hard."

"Great! We'll meet up tonight near Yang to go over what we found. Let's do this!" Ruby yelled enthusiastically, pumping her fist up in the air.

"Yeah!" A familiar blonde haired monkey-boy chuckled, hanging upside down on a tree branch beside the window. "Sun?!" I screamed in surprise, my tail and ears perking up painfully. "How did you even get up here?" Yang raised her eyebrows at Sun, taking a defensive step backwards. "Ah, it's easy. I do it all the time." Sun played with his hair cutely.

"You what?!" Weiss shuddered, glaring at Sun. "What? I climb trees all the time!" Sun cried, swinging himself into the room. "So. Are we finally going to get back at that Torchwick guy?"

Blake growled in annoyance, stepping towards Sun. "We're going to investigate the situation. As a team" "Yeah!" You nodded, placing a supportive hand on Blake's shoulder.

"Sorry Sun. We don't want to get friends involved if we don't have to..." Ruby muttered, tracing the handle of Crescent Rose apologetically. "Pfft, that's dumb!" Sun chuckled, gesturing out of the window. "You should always get friends involved. "That's why I brought Neptune."

I grumbled, crossing my arms while the Sun and rest of my team looked out of the window for Neptune. 'Great. These two are always ruining my bonding time with Blake and Weiss.' I thought to myself as I pouted and sat on Weiss' bed.

~Timeskip~

"Alright! Me and Weiss'll go with (Y/n). Sun, you can go with Blake. And Neptune, you can go with Yang since she doesn't have a partner." Ruby clapped her hands as she directed us on our newly-formed teams.

I punched Sun in the gut as he tried to pass me to get to Blake. "Ow! What was that for?!" Sun looked up at me from the ground as he clutched his stomach. I pulled the boy up to my height by his collar, whispering menacingly into his ear. "Next time, bring someone who's actually capable of fighting, like Sage."

Sun chuckled, shaking himself out of my grip. "How cute. You're mad because I didn't bring your boyfriend~" Sun pranced in a circle around me, while I felt my face start to heat up. "Sh-shut up! He's not my boyfriend! I-I mean...it's not like that. I just don't want my teammates to get hurt. And Neptune doesn't exactly help with my worries."

Sun smiled, leaning down slightly. "Mhm, whatever you say lover girl~ By the way, you're cute when you get angry. You look like a little bunny." Sun tapped my nose gently, and I swore I could faintly hear someone yell 'Boop' from the courtyard.

"I am a lion! Not a bunny!" I cried, transforming my canine teeth into sharp fangs and snapping my jaws in front of Sun's face. "W-woah! Lion, I meant lion! Mercy please!" Sun shouted, running over to hide behind Blake.

Weiss' POV

I crossed my arms, nearly green with envy as I watched Sun flirt with (Y/n), until an idea popped into my head and I walked up behind Ruby.

"Actually Ruby, why don't you and (Y/n) go with Yang, you all seem to be very close." I glanced over at (Y/n), recalling the moment when she and Yang returned from the hallway after Blake stormed out, holding hands and laughing together as if they were a couple.

"But...who will you be with, Weiss?" Ruby's high-pitched voice snapped me out of my thoughts. "Well, I guess I could be with Neptune..." I batted my eyelashes at Neptune flirtily, relishing in the jealous expression that washed over (Y/n)'s face.

"Pfft! Nah!" Ruby laughed, wrapping her arm around (Y/n)'s shoulders and walking towards me. "Sorry Weiss, but you're stuck with us." "Mhm..." (Y/n) glared at me, flashing a sharp-clawed middle finger from behind Ruby's line of sight as we left the room.