The Plan

"UGH! Ruby, you never should've let him play!" Yang yelled as she angrily barged into the dorm room. "This never would've happened if you'd just attacked when I told you, Yang." Ruby chuckled, closing the door gently.

You smiled, glancing over at Blake, who was just getting up to walk out of the room. Weiss pointed at Blake dramatically. "Stop."

You looked over at Weiss, surprise written all over your face. "Lately you've been quiet, antisocial and moody."

Yang scoffed, crossing her arms. "Uh, have you met Blake?" Weiss waved her hand, dismissing Yang's question. "Which I get, it's kind of your thing, but you've been doing it more than usual. Which, quite frankly, is unacceptable. You made a promise to me, to all of us, that you would let us know if something was wrong. So, Blake Belladonna...What is wrong?!"

Weiss shoved you off of the chair you were sitting on and quickly jumped onto it mid-scentence. You desperately covered your mouth to keep from laughing at the scene in front of you as you watched Weiss struggle to balance herself on the chair. "Uh..." Weiss cleared her throat, jumping off of the chair and pushing it back under your desk.

Blake closed her eyes, lifting her hand up like she was having a headache. "I just...I don't understand how everybody can be so calm."

You shifted on your feet, glancing at Ruby's worried face. "Still thinking about Torchwick?" She asked, stepping towards Blake.

The Faunus nodded, "Torchwick, the White Fang, all of it. Something big is happening and nobody is doing anything about it!"

You cleared your throat, taking the silence as your turn to speak up. "Ozpin said we shouldn't worry Blake. Don't you think an experienced Hunter like him would have it under control?"

Blake looked to the side dejectedly, "He doesn't know the White Fang like I do!"

Blake looked you square in the eye, causing you to take a step back in surprise. "People have died...and are still dying because of them. They're dangerous, and he just blows it off like it's nothing!"

"Okay, okay" Weiss held out her arms in an attempt to diffuse any growing arguments. "Between blowing up nightclubs, stopping theives, traveling around Remnant, and fighting for freedom, I'm sure you all think you're ready to go apprehend these ne'er-do-wells."

"Uh..who?" Ruby leaned over, whispering into your ear. "But let me once again be the voice of reason." Weiss continued, her expression softening. "We're students. We're not ready to handle this sort of situation."

Ruby rolled her eyes, "Well yeah, but-" Weiss grumbled, her expression turning cold once again. "We're not ready."

"And we may never be ready!" Blake snapped, startling the four of you. "Our enemies aren't just going to sit and wait for graduation day! They're out there, planning their next move, and none of us know what it is, but it's coming! Whether we're ready, or not."

Ruby smiled widely, holding her hands up excitedly "All in favor of becoming the youngest Huntresses to single-handedly bring down a corrupt organization conspiring against the kingdom of Vale...say 'Aye'"

Yang laughed and pointed at Blake. "Yes! I love it when you're feisty!" Weiss crossed her arms, "Well, I suppose it could be fun.." You laughed, tackling Weiss in a hug. "If you guys are in, so am I!" Ruby whined, sitting down on Weiss' bed. "Nobody said aye.."

Blake smiled down at you, causing a blush to spread over your cheeks. "Alright then, we're in this together" Ruby sprung off of Weiss' bed, "Let's hatch a plan!" She screeched, seemingly regaining all of her energy.

Suddenly, said redhead gasped, looking around your shared bedroom frantically. "I left my board game in the Library!" Ruby grabbed your hand, rushing out of the room. "Hey!" Yang yelled after the two of you. "Why'd you only take (Y/n)?!"

Ruby laughed, looking over her shoulder as she ran. "Sorry not sorry!" "Ruby! Look out!" You screamed, pointing at the three students dressed in Haven Academy uniforms in front of you, but you were too late.

Ruby crashed into the girl with emerald green hair, and you slammed into Ruby's back a few seconds later, sending the both of you to the floor.. "Oh, ah, sorry..." Ruby laughed sheepishly, taking the green-haired girl's outstretched hand and standing up.

The green-haired girl nodded. "I'm fine, just watch where you're going.." Ruby smiled, "I'm Ruby, and this is (Y/n)" Ruby gestured to you as you waved, still sitting on the ground. "Are you three new here?" You asked curiously, eyeing the trio's uniforms.

"Visiting from Haven, actually." A smooth female voice called out from behind the green-haired girl and the silver-haired boy. The person that spoke had jet black hair, amber eyes, and a sinister yet alluring smirk. The second you made eye contact with this girl, you felt your heart sink and your tail force it's way between your legs. This woman was gorgeous, but had a bad aura surrounding her.

The girl with the amber eyes leaned forward, holding her hand out for you while Ruby eyed the trio suspiciously, obviously trying to decide if what the girl said was truthful. The girl looked up at Ruby after pulling you off of the ground.

"Ooh! You're here for the festival, right?" Ruby finally inquired, "Oh, but exchange students have their own dormitory." Ruby cocked her head, "Well, I guess we just got turned around." The silver-haired boy finally spoke, sending chills down your spine.

"Ah, don't worry! It happens all the time!" Ruby laughed obliviously as the boy and girl Ruby ran into walked past her, with the green-haired girl staring intently at you as she passed. "Uh..your building is just east of here!"

The amber-eyed girl smiled, beginning to make her way past the two of you. "Thanks. Maybe we'll see you around." The girl stared into your eyes for a second before following her group down the hall.

"Yeah! Maybe!" Ruby waved, "Oh...uh..and welcome to Beacon!" You shuddered, gripping Ruby's forearm. "Let's get going, the library is going to close soon." Ruby blushed, staring at your hand as she nodded. "Y-yeah...let's."